Common Links

MindCrime

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not Bazooka, but I have a big mouth.

Edna, I love Stephen Stills. I think he is one of the most underrated musicians in the last 50 years, and one of the top 2 or 3 acoustic guitarists I've ever heard. But apparently he's a big a-hole. Controlling, overbearing, all of that. There is an unreleased cover of "Blackbird" on their box set, and at the beginning he says (to Nash and Crosby) "Alright. We're going to do it one more time, and we're going to get it right. Alright?" The tone is very fatherly and quite sarcastic. (The song itself is great.)

So I guess people either know these things to be true, or just believe the rumors.

Laurie, I am indeed da bomb. :grin:

Bazooka, thank you for the purgatory card. I'm sure I'll need it one of these days.

Edna, I figured it out from Bazooka's clue. He is the master of telling you the answer while not telling you anything at all.

Das, I have nothing to comment on, but I didn't want to leave you out. So hi.

The bad thing about getting the right answer is figuring out a new one. I'll be back eventually.

Okay, here we go...

Creedence Clearwater Revival, Gladys Knight and Roger Troutman

Edited by Guest
To include the new clue. Get your nose out of my business, Big Brother.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another desperate attempt to resuscitate this thread:

What do these three acts have in common?

__ Bobby Hebb ( US No.1 "Sunny " 1966 )

__ The Ronnettes ( "Be My Baby ", performing without Ronnie Spector in this context )

__ Cyrkle ( hit "Red Rubber Ball " was co-written by Paul Simon )

All opened for The Beatles at some point?

Yes. That point was The Beatles 1966 US Tour. Along with The Remains, they were all opening acts for those shows.

The Cyrkle, an American band, was discovered and managed by Brian Epstein, The Beatles manager. According to legend, it was John Lennon who came up with the name and clever spelling.

You're up again, das!

Please don't keepa me waitin