Best Drummers Ever

Batman

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonham helped create a great sound with Zeppelin, no denying that, but he would've gone nowhere if it weren't for Keith Moon's influence.

Neil Peart is very fast, and very technically flawless, but I just end up bored by him most times..

I prefer Manu Katche, who drums for Peter Gabriel, and Ian Mosely of Marillion when I want to listen to good percussion. I'm not a big fan of just fast and tight, I'd rather listen to a darn good beat with a good amount of flair and ghosted notes...

DALE CROVER of the Melvins. He's amazing for being able to stay in sync with Buzz Osbourne's off-beat rythyms.

*Also if you live anywhere near Baltimore, MD, check out the drummer for The Medications. I don't know his name, but he's an amazing preformer with tons of energy.*

• 3 weeks later...

your crazy, bonham will never be remembered as a drummmer. he complements but doesnt explore. danny carey is the most influential and complementary drummer that explores to an infinite expense. listen to tool and it will all come together.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), John Dolmayan (System of a Down), Terry Bozzio, Travis Barker (Blink 182), Dave Weckel, John Theodore (The Mars Volta), Dennis Chambers, Gene Krupa, Dave Grohl (Nirvana), Taylor

Hawkins (Foo Fighters), Joey Jordison (Slipknot) and Lars Ulrich (Metallica)... That's it!!

I've begun to really like Don Alias. Joey Castillo (QOTSA) and Rick McMurray (Ash) are worth a mention too. I'm really happy someone else mentioned The Mars Volta's drummer- he is brilliant on occasions.

What about Mick Fleetwood?