Words

lucylooloo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around here, people from st louis think st charles people are rednecks, cause it used to be all farming country. Now it has(and is)developed into the fastest growing county in the midwest if not the USA :( Our green space is disappearing although there is a lot left(I got that from the Paper). So we play it up to them. We say stuff like.. "I'm gonna learn you up, boy" when telling someone how to do something, or if moving something heavy "you gotta Hulk it!" Ok some of our necks are a little red. :: But I grew up in California. And I'm the one that taught our kids to belch on command. big cool ones! My daughter can do the alphabet. Sorry for the hijack! Carry on.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a foul temper and tend to use lots of swear words.

"f*ck" and "bu*ger" being my most used ones!!!

I use the lords name in vain alot, and say "no" alot"

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: JUST SAY NO!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I didn't know burger was a bad word :)

In class, I keep a "like" counter handy in order to count the number of times someone uses the word "like" in a conversation. Oft times I imagine taking off one IQ point for every time that word is used :beatnik: I noted that even within my own speech pattern. This created a more conscious effort to always think before I say something. Simple, yet not many follow this line of thought :beatnik:

when relaying a conversation, instead of saying 'he said' or 'i said', cork people say 'he goes/i goes/etc:

e.g. 'so then he goes, 'lamp at the gatch on that feen, biy!' and i goes 'what are you on about feen, he's pure normal like''

i slip into it now and then but my brother goes mad!!