Earth Wind & Fire

Batman

I know some people that consider EWF to be "the greatest party band of all time". For me, and my friends however, back in the bands' hey-day ... they were not. I just couldn't get into the group as a whole. I love a few individual songs, and that's as far as it goes. :P

That I will agree with! I want to say (dredging my memory) that maybe 1974 to 1980 may have been the best years for them. Although their music can't be called disco, in the late '70's it seems that they may have inadvertantly slipped into that category, and many folks my age dismissed them at the time for that reason. The same thing happened with lots of groups of that era, only to be recognized later for the talent they actually were.

Although their music can't be called disco, in the late '70's it seems that they may have inadvertantly slipped into that category, and many folks my age dismissed them at the time for that reason. The same thing happened with lots of groups of that era, only to be recognized later for the talent they actually were.

Indeed. EW&F were considered as disco music in Europe. And I also agree with the fact that they have some catchy good songs, I never eally listened to a whole album.

But then again, Lucky, even The Rolling Stones had their disco years in the late 70s... remember "Emotional Rescue" ;) (amazing songs... amazing album :bow: ) and "Miss You", from "Some Girls"... discreet charm of the falsetto... :cool:

Agreed, that they did. I think that some of us "hard rock" snobs (count me as one) of the time were willing to forgive The Stones and others like them. Some of my favorite Stones songs are from that era. Other groups like EWF were not so lucky, and I'm much more willing to give them a listen now than I was then.