Arthur Prysock - "Between Hello And Goodbye"

logan01

• 2 months later...

Searched the web just now and the original poster says it's Arthur Prysock - "Between Hello And Goodbye" With great hesitation,showing my limited music/artist knowledge, I admit I'm not familiar with the name, however, I will soon be familiar with his music.

Thanks again,

logan

Prysock's history on this site shows that Between Hello And Goodbye is a genuine old "Oldie", a single from 1958:

"In March ... Arthur joins Buddy Johnson and band with Ella Johnson, B.B. King, Arnett Cobb, Annie Laurie, Linda Hopkins, and Joe Tex at a big "King Bee's Royal Court" show in Houston, Texas, presented by dj Clifton "King Bee" Smith. In April Arthur does a week in Chicago at the "Spring Festival of Stars" show presented by dj Al Benson. Also on the bill are Ruth Brown, The Spaniels, Sonny Boy Williamson, Johnny Griffin, and others. In June Hy Weiss of Old Town Records in New York announces the signing of Arthur Prysock to that label. He records Since I Fell For You and Between Hello And Goodbye on Old Town #1003 ... By 1959 Arthur Prysock realizes that his audience is adult listeners, rather than the rock 'n roll teenagers who are the bulk of the single record buyers. Old Town moves to issue Prysock on LPs where he can make an impact as a romantic ballad singer ... "

and wikipedia notes:

"He gained further attention for his tender, soulful singing on a beer commercial,

Tonight, tonight, let it be Löwenbräu. "

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...