Announcements

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got to interview Joan Armatrading this morning. Good way to start the day.

Today starts our  Anniversary Celebration Week !!  for Lucky and I.               Culminating into the Zenith Wednesday January 27th and subsiding into saturday... 9  Glorious years together.  

Posted Images

oh, sorry, I see the English title is All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque

it tells the story of a young soldier in the trenches of WWI

war is no fun :(

Yeah, it's a great book. Though it was made into a rather average movie starring actors with strong American accents playing German soldiers. I didn't realise it had a slightly different title in Germany. :)

the German title is "Im Westen Nichts Neues" - lit. "Nothing New in the West"

that was actually the (semi)official standard message for the daily reports to the generals, telling them that the frontline in the trenches didn't move significantly - but which greatly downplayed the daily horror of the foot soldiers obviously...

I once saw a very old movie of it (from the 1930s maybe?) is that the one you mean, or is there a newer one?

So what's wrong with her eyebrows? :P

Holy eyebrow!

One time, in my life posting here, someone, I pray... will understand the simplicity of a bushy eyebrow, regardless whether or not it is sexy or merely needs clipping not to mention that convention isn't necessarily cool.

But, I'm an old man, what do I know?

Thanks!!!