Looking For "The streets of Philadelphia" Lyrics

babyteen

I was recently introduced to the music of jazz bass player Stanley Clarke the other day. And I happened to come upon one of his songs, which I really like, but have never heard the whole thing. The song is "The Streets Of Philadelphia", and it's from the album, "I Wanna Play For You", released in 1977. I've been looking for the lyrics, as well as the full length recording of this song. Since I only got to hear part of it, I don't know all of the lyrics. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Guest
please put as much info into the title as possible

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm I don't know Babyteen.....did you get the main page alright, and then it happens after you click play?...I'm not getting that invalid message...

When I click the link, it's actually supposed to go directly to the selected track, and it's supposed to play for me. So, why doesn't that happen?

See if this works for you. The Streets of Philadelphia by Stanley Clarke. Sure hope so. :headphones:

http://download.yousendit.com/A44A82F93D73AB78

Thank you so much. You are such a sweetheart. I never thought I'd find a downloadable version of the full-length recording of that song anywhere. And you won't believe this, I listened to it, created a word document, and, one by one, I wrote down all the lyrics! Isn't that just really cool?