Looking For A Pink Floyd Song.

Skuff

Hey guys, I need some help here! I'm looking for Pink Floyd's 6th single, The A-side. The B-side was "Careful With That Axe, Eugene." The song in Question is "Point Me At The Sky." I know it was on The "Shine On" Box set, but I don't want to shell out ~$70 dollars on eBay for one song! Is there any other album it was on? I'm not asking for any illegal transfer of songs, and I don't use Limewire. Any help would be appreciated!

the song can also be found on the compilations

"All Movement Is Accomplished: The 60's Rarities"

"Early Singles" and

"Pink Floyd [Columbia]"

can't tell you if these are much cheaper though, but "Early Singles" consists only of 9 songs, so that would be my best guess...

but I don't want to shell out ~$70 dollars on eBay for one song! Is there any other album it was on? I'm not asking for any illegal transfer of songs, and I don't use Limewire. Any help would be appreciated!

Here is a great question that not many ever think about (then again, I know many that do) - you don't want to use Limewire (100% agree there) but you don't want any illegal transfers.

hmmm, now this is interesting... you don't want to spend money at ebay. Now, it's obvious you're familiar with ebay so I'll take a wild guess and say you've used their service. Let's think here, what if that album only sold for $5 ?? I bet you would put up a bid. Now, really think about it - what is the difference between you buying that album from ebay (that Pink Floyd will not receive one penny of their royalty) and downloading just that one tune (which again, they don't receive any royalties)?

Instead, why don't you ask for just a file? It could be either winrar or zip. And, many sites don't upload files with viruses so it's basically 100% bug free to download. Sure, it's illegal but so are the many pics I've seen on message boards, or linking illegal videos off youtube.

So ask yourself, what is the difference between ebay and a digital file?

the song can also be found on the compilations

"All Movement Is Accomplished: The 60's Rarities"

"Early Singles" and

"Pink Floyd [Columbia]"

can't tell you if these are much cheaper though, but "Early Singles" consists only of 9 songs, so that would be my best guess...

One question Farin, What is "Pink Floyd [Colubmia]?" Could you give me a link, please?

• 9 months later...

I'm REALLY sorry to bump an old thread, but I just realized that i was asked this question when looking for edna's link.

This is a good question. I Was going to say, "Well, if I bought it from eBay, the band would've gotten their loyalties!" But then I realized, they would have even though it was on LimeWire. Then I Realized that if I bought it off of eBay, it was already "Bought" and the person doesn't want it anymore. Do you think that when I buy a Record at George's Song Shop (my local record store) that the Beatles acutally get royalties for me buying a copy of the "Ticket to Ride" single with "Eight Arms to Hold You" as the movie title istead of "Help" for $5? Maybe. With LimeWire, however, you're "Buying" the song all over again. You're not getting the same exact thing that was already paid for by someone else. It's like buying through the middleman. Actually, doesn't the record store you buy it from have to pay the royalties, and then you have to pay the record store for the CD and royalties? What I'm saying is, buying off of eBay is like buying it in a record store. Store purchases CD, paying royalties and the CDs. Seller purchases CD, paying the royalties and the cost for the CD. Seller puts the CD on eBay. You buy the CD, paying the seller for Royalties and the CD.

With LimeWire, you're not getting the exact some product that the actual "Seller" bought.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN??

I see your point. I'm not sure, however, that royalties are paid unless the song is used in some sort of publication/multimedia/radio/TV/movie, etc.

Also, I think it depends on who you're purchasing it from off eBay. If it's a regular person who's selling a used CD, then it makes no difference. If it's a buyer (like a record store) that is selling new CDs, then it is just like a record store purchase.

I know not, but this is what makes sense to me.

Do you think that when I buy a Record at George's Song Shop (my local record store) that the Beatles acutally get royalties for me buying a copy of the "Ticket to Ride" single with "Eight Arms to Hold You" as the movie title istead of "Help" for $5?

That´s a good question. The answer should be "yes" but I don´t know if the collectors´ items sales and purchases do pay some copyright...

The song in question was never released on an album, until the Shine Box set. "Point me at the sky" was released as the A side of a 7" UK only single on/or about Dec 6th 1968. This was aprox 5 months after the release of the "saucer full of secrets" album. released- Jul 29th 1968.

Jim

Edited by Guest

enda, when i follw the instructions, THIS link it says that it is lke 25 minutes long when i try to open it in iTunes, but it actually only plays the actual length of the song! Oh, adn on one song, it doesn't open at all!HELP! (Oh, and I'm only doing it for the audio!)

Edited by Guest