my generation's anthems

Batman

Yeah, I'm talking about Sandstorm by Darude, it's a terrible song, and is the kind of song that gives everyone the wrong idea about electronic music, but it seems to really unite us all on the dancefloor, because it's dance is so easy to do.

"My Humps" has driven me to find good music from this generation that isn't played on the radio. Kind of like how listening to the Eagles drove me to listen to bands like the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Haha, Lizard, the ideal to Sandstorm is unity. Seriously, that's the only song at dances that everyonedances to, because you don't have to be good at dancing, you just have to jump around and push people. Through all the individuality in high school, there's still unity, and it's found in Sandstorm, so that's why it's our anthem.

I was also considering "Hey Ya" but it can't be our anthem because my mom likes it.

What about something by Green Day? I'm not a particularly big fan, but they're decent, and I'm sure they have something we can pick out to represent us better than really bad electronica.

And for those who are still wondering what Sandstorm is, it's the song that the caveman dances to in this pretty funny SNL sketch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE1I7cTJlnE