What are you eating or drinking?

Elvish

as a rather uninspired cook, a friend of mine turned me onto a place called Dream Dinners, which I tried out last month and the food was beyond good. It was mouthwateringly tasty...

It's a place where you go online and pick your meals, then make an appointment to go there and you "assemble" those meals (main meat, spices, seasonings, whatever's necessary for the complete meal), and you bring them home in a cooler and freeze. Then when you're ready to fix it, you thaw it and pretty much just throw it in the oven.

The upshot is I don't have extra ingredients that go bad in my fridge or otherwise, because I no longer have to buy a whole "bunch" of parsley, for example, and only use a little bit.

So I'm hooked. My kid loves loves loves it. He gets a great meal and Mom doesn't gripe about having to come up with an idea for dinner. :grin: This place is definitely taylored for people like me.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love cooking. I'm one of those people who will see something on TV or a recipe in a magazine/newspaper and then go out and make it. I guess I got it from my mom. However baking is what I do best. My chocolate cream pie is to die for.

Speaking of chocolate, right now I'm having a chocolate chip cookie and a Diet Coke.

I love cooking. I'm one of those people who will see something on TV or a recipe in a magazine/newspaper and then go out and make it.

Same here. :D

I love to cook and bake for my family and friends. Planning on making a lattice-top peach pie with lemon crust this weekend for a friend's party.

However, currently not eating or drinking anything.

Same here. :D

I love to cook and bake for my family and friends. Planning on making a lattice-top peach pie with lemon crust this weekend for a friend's party.

However, currently not eating or drinking anything.

OOOOOH PEACH PIE. I used to live in Georgia so we made peach pie a lot. Put a very generous dollop of whipped cream on top and some peach ice cream on the side and I'm a happy gal. :D

I'm the friend you baker-types bake for :cool:

No really - my housemate bakes, as do nearly all my friends from uni and anywhere else. I'm sure I could bake as well, but I'd rather not find out that I can because if I am successful with ovens, the consequences will be dire :couch:

I just destroyed a steak right down to the skeleton of the poor creature. No one knows what it was anymore. Everything here is boneless - that's no fun! Meat tastes SO much better on the bone. I have missed going *crunchcrunchcrunch*. I'm absent mindedly nibbling on leftover bone bits now.

I'm gonna to take a shot and generalize that , in my experience , Asians don't like licorice ( black , that is - red ( strawberry ) is more tolerable ) . Absolutely every Japanese over the 18 years that I have offered licorice to finds it as delicious as one would rancid candy and immediately want it out of their mouths. The same holds for root beer . :laughing: Both are for sale here in very limited and specialty stores , but I don't think it is for the locals .

Curiously , though , Star anise , a very popular cooking ingredient which both smells and tastes rather the same is loved . Go figure .

Edited by Guest