Global Warming

Levis

Four years ago at this time I recall shivering at 3 in the afternoon. Today it was thirty degrees celcius. That's summer to a lot of countries. Here it means an early spring. A very early spring.

I don't know how people can deny the very obvious existence of global warming. What do you think will make them realise that it's not very long till we evaporate/drown? And what do you think can be done to slow down the greenhouse effect?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one or two years ago was one of the hottest summers ever recorded in meteorology history...

that's just not normal...

That was in 2003. I remember going out on the streets at 1 AM and seeing plenty of old people sitting in the parks... they were almost dying in their homes. There was almost 30.000 dead people in France that summer, a country that isn´t prepared to face such a heat wave.

Any scientist that says that global warming isn't a fact and/or isn't caused by humans is either working for big oil or for my country's executive branch of government.

With that said, I'll stop there. This topic generally causes me to go off on a rant that drives my friends absolutely insane.

I just saw a blurb for the 11 o'clock news where the weather guy says we're in for a warm weekend. FINALLY.

---------------------------------

I just checked out the weather for this weekend and we're supposed to be up to 78 on Sunday, and 80 on Monday. And today it was only 54. Crikey!

But... global warming doesn't exist. ;)

Edited by Guest
had to add that I'm getting hot. No, wait... we're getting hot. No... oh - just forget it.