• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the one, edna!

-------------

This round has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I took the info from here and ran with it, but Vida's standing as "first" "platinum" album seems a bit iffy.

The related interview with Iron Butterfly founder Doug Ingle clears things up somewhat.

"[smallest]In A Gadda Da Vida, the song, re-edited to a seven minute version remained on the Billboard charts for 140 weeks.

The original album outsold every record in the history of recorded music within the first year of its release.

For the occasion, Atlantic Records awarded the band the first-ever Platinum album.[/smallest]"

[big] . . . . . . [/big][smallest]Word To bazooka Dept.[/smallest]

Davys_motto.jpg

-------------

Go, edna, Go!

I googled for that answer... I found it at http://www.cybersmusic.com/2006/10/iron-butterfly-heavy-platinum.html after looking for the albums released in 1968. And I think I remember something about that in some Old55´s quiz...

I´m at work... if anybody wants to post an answer... go... :cool:

Brian Jones actually played several instruments on that song...the guitar, of course....but also, the Mellotron and the theremin (sometimes called the thereminvox). It's one of those weird things that you don't actually touch it to play it; you just kind of move your hands next to it and it makes sounds.

I'll go with that....What is the thereminvox?

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup: