Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys I need fashion helps.

I have to go to a posh evening thing tomorrow and have been given explicit, yet tactful instructions viz. "NO JEANS!" I made sad faces but they did not work and now I have a black dress and am trying to decide what to wear with it. I would LIKE to wear brown stockings and a beige scarf but am not sure brown goes with black. Alternatively I could wear silver tights that are awesome and let the rest of me freeze. The essence of the question is this: does brown go with black?

Alternatively I could wear silver tights that are awesome and let the rest of me freeze.

I'd go with the awesome silver tights and freeze. How many opportunities do we get to play posh dress up? I am not exactly rocking the height of fashion all day every day but I dig the idea of silver tights with a black dress, especially with your long fabulous hair.

I'd go with the awesome silver tights and freeze. How many opportunities do we get to play posh dress up? I am not exactly rocking the height of fashion all day every day but I dig the idea of silver tights with a black dress, especially with your long fabulous hair.

I agree with 10P go with the silver. Brown stockings and a black dress... I wouldn't. To bad you could'nt locate a silver or light grey shawl to go with it.

Take pictures please. I wanna see how cute your gonna look :D

Edited by Guest
I would send you my black sparkly shawl but I don't think it would get there in time :(

I'm not a fashion expert by even the remotest stretch of imagination, so I asked the same question once of some of my savvy friends, who told me NEVER wear brown with black. Period. Unless the dress has both brown and black in it, at which point you could get away with brown accessorizing.

I've been too horrified by their absolute conviction to ever dare wearing brown anything with a black dress.

I do love the idea of the awesome shimmery silver tights. :grin:

Dark gold actually goes quite well with black ;)

You friends know their stuff Shawna. I have a dress thats black and brown and it is quite pretty. But patterns of that color are different then wearing separate items of black and brown.

I would wear a dark chocolate brown sweater with black jeans tho.

Wear the silver tights. And look for a silver or pale gray shawl, wrap, scarf, something. Just accessorize with silver jewelry etc, as a last resort.

Brown can go with black sometimes as an accent, but it wouldn't look right with your tights. Beige/mocha sort of light tones, or a brown with reddish overtones can look good with black. But brown tights in no way would look right with the dress. And, you want posh .... wear the silver. :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

Thanks you guys! I did opt for the silver tights. Don't worry, they're not blindingly shiny silver, they're a muted, sparkly grey. Peaches' was the last post I saw before falling asleep and I agree, I don't play dress up on a daily basis. So I plan to use people as windcheaters - I'm making them look good, the least they can do is keep me warm. Also, I've accessorised with silver earrings and I'll swap the hi-contrast jacket I'm currently wearing for a black 4real kashmiri shawl* that I love lots.

I think the only safe way you can wear brown with black is if you have black pants and a brown shirt... it's quite an iffy area.

I'll try to get pictures, but no guarantee. Oh and wouldn't you know there's a cold front moving in to Melbourne today, so I'm freezing my extremities off? I'm stopping traffic while I do it, so I guess that's a fair exchange.

[*Lea's black sparkly shawl would've been great here though]

Edited by Guest

I suspect a family of birds.

:laughing: I skipped right over this! I gotta tell you ... Even I am not so sure sometimes. It's been there a long time, almost anything could be roosting. You know the beard has a birthday? It's in February. It's older than half of our SF'ers. :D

Radhi, I'm sure you'll look lovely in whatever you decide to wear. You may be interested in This

Black and brown don't match. On the contrary: Black and brown do match, and look quite sophisticated, too. Pair rich brown wool trousers with a black turtleneck, or wear black shoes and hose with your brown skirt. For evening, try a brown cocktail dress instead of a black one, and dress it up with this season's black beaded necklaces or bracelets. One combo to avoid: Brown shoes with black pants.

Take a look at the e-mail I sent you.

Thanks UnkaJoe :) the brown probably would probably have worked with the black, the way I was planning to wear it but, I guess being so dark, may have taken something away from the dress, I feel. I think it was a good idea to match the shawl. Now I'm home and back in my Levis and my turtlenecks the way I like to be :D

• 2 weeks later...

Question for everyone: If you were to do a Google search for someone to transcribe a legal document for you (from a court proceeding) what word/s would you use in your Google search? In other words, what would you type in the search field?

I'm playing with Google AdWords, and trying to narrow down the keywords to bid on... so the more opinions/responses I can get, the better off I'll be to begin...

Thanks!!