What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

In Oz I have kangaroo meat quite frequently because it is more ecologically friendly than pork, lamb etc. However, kangaroos can't be tamed and so they have to be shot in the wild. That's plenty cruel because the animal doesn't die instantly.

I'm not talking about vegetarianism vs. meat and the cruelty involved anyway. I'm not talking about animals. Carnivores kill herbivores, it's a way of life. Also, I do not argue target practice if it's a hobby - sure it can be fun! But if you want safety, why carry a gun when a taser would suffice? Or like in Delhi we were advised to carry pepper spray when roaming the mean streets - just in case. Which place has more shootings?

Guns for safety make me think - the human being is the only animal that kills its own kind (paraphrasing Roald Dahl's words in the BFG)

What about the number one threat to America? BEARS!

Actually I don't know if they do, I just felt like getting all Colbert up in here.

Anyways, dolphins and many primates, the most "intelligent" species, have been known to commit inter-species murder. Primates are usually for territory or mates, but nobody has any idea why dolphins do it. As far as scientists can tell, they just do it for fun. Creepy, huh?

Tasers and pepper spray are good too, but only if your attacker is unarmed. I would not want to try to defend myself against someone who is armed without being armed myself. Preferably with a bigger gun. I strongly believe in proper training and practicing often if you have a firearm. A firearm in the hands of someone not trained is bad.

Animals generally kill to survive. I don't have a passion for guns I just personally feel sometimes they are necessary to have.

Ever watch "Red Dawn"? :laughing: I'm not an alarmist or anything I was just always around guns so I don't really give them much thought to be honest.

The idea is not to let someone get the drop on you. You must always be aware of your surroundings. In those cases, you are sqrewed, so you have to do what they say. Most people that depend on guns for protection are using them in their home. There are a lot of things to consider before getting a gun, and I do not think everyone should have them. It is a big responsibility.

Tim, I envy your mind power!