Slideshow Song Ideas

ali2004

I'm creating a slideshow of all my pictures from high school and I need some more ideas for songs. So far I have:

No Doubt - It's My Life

Trapt - Headstrong

Queen - We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions

Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild

Counting Crows - Parking Lot Paradise

Green Day - Time of Your Life

LeeAnn Womack - I Hope You Dance

Devo - Whip It

Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right

U2 - Walk On

The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You

I've been trying to match the mood of the pictures to the songs, and a few have inside jokes with them (Whip It). But most of what I have left are just school competitions, hanging out with friends and an interesting trip to St. Louis. I'd appreciate any ideas. :help:

What a great idea. I sure wish I had pictures from my high school days so that I could create a slide show.

Your idea is great but I would do one thing differently. I notice the songs you have listed are from different decades. Now unless you were left back at least twenty times in senior year, I would go with songs from the school years itself. For instance, I graduated high school in 1976 so I would use songs from 1973 up to 1976 and from those songs find the appropriate ones that fit the pictures and the mood.

Good luck with your project!

This is an excellent idea!!

When I finished high school we made a song composed of bits of other songs that we felt fitted the mood or summed us up or were just classics we loved. We used parts of the following:

Tribute - Tenacious D

With A Little Help From My Friends - The Beatles

Stand By Me - John Lennon

I've Had The Time Of My Life - Jennifer Warnes & Bill Medley

Summer Of 69 - Bryan Adams

Damnit - Blink 182

Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor

You're My Best Friend - Queen

Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

School's Out - Alice Cooper

We Are The Champions - Queen

Don't Speak - No Doubt

Wouldn't It be Nice - The Beach Boys

Happy Days Theme

He Ain't Heavy (He's My Brother) - The Hollies

Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Tina Turner

We Go Together - John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, cast of GREASE.

These all ran together as one big 12 minute song. Ahh, the memories!!! Hope this helps!!!!! :thumbsup:

Can I ask what program you are using to create this? I created an awesome slideshow in Powerpoint but I really want to get a program that is more 'web based'. So far I have found a TON of 'slideshow' programs but NONE of them let you 'sync' the photos with the lyrics of the song, like you can in PowerPoint.

I dont have WinXP so I don't have Movie Maker-or whatever the program is that comes with XP.

SwishMax from www.Swishzone.com allows me to sync up the photos in the way I want but it is costly, VERY TIME CONSUMING, and has a few bugs that literally drive me insane.

If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE let me know. Thanks in advance.

PS Tenacious Peaches has recommended Simple Star but I don't know if you can 'sync' the photos along with the lyrics of the song.

I'm using the Windows Movie Maker, so sorry I can't help you there. XP has several programs that you can use to make movies/slideshows. I think it's awesome.

Also, I like the idea about sticking with songs from the years, but I listen to lots of different songs and some have special meanings. Thanks for the ideas though.

Just for those wondering, I graduated this year, so the pics are from the last four years.

Peaches, have you saved the slideshow as a movie file?

If not, it's under File > Save Movie File...

Then it should play on any computer with any kind of media player, but I haven't tried to play mine on any without Movie Maker, so I hope this helps.