Loading Song Fact Pages

Levis

For a few months now I've been getting this "Operation Aborted" dialogue box every time I try to see the facts about a song on the top tens. I don't think I'm the only one. If I try to reach the page via the main site (i.e. by searching for the song), I still get the same error message. The only way to resolve it seems to be by highlighting the address in the address bar and pressing 'enter' or clicking 'Go'. But SF seems to have wisened up to that too, and now reaching the facts is really really hard and needs numerous trials of the highlight + enter technique.

Well, since my life revolves around the boards and there ARE other songfacts I can see, I guess its not that important, but I'm still a little concerned about the whole thing.

:)

It's happening here in Hong Kong and back home in New Delhi, so I don't know if it's the computer. I'm using IE both places. A big red cross shows up and says something like "Internet Explorer cannot open the site so-and-so. Operation Aborted" and I get a 'This page cannot be displayed.' The PC I have here is a Dell, back home it's IBM. The only thing in common with the two places is the browser. I have IE 6 in use here.

I've had similiar loading faults while using Tabbed browsers like Netscape, Opera, & AOL's default 9.0

I thought it was maybe just a glitch, because these browsers do suck, but I don't want 10 pages open, so keeping it with tabbed browsing seems to be the answer. Does it usually do it, if you have a bunch of pages open, or just 1 or 2. There's a world of difference there.