The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten Facts

"Tears In The Rain"

Triumph

Written by Emmett,Levine and Moore.

A track of their album "The Sport Of Kings", released in September 1986.

Also released as the B-side of the first single from the album, "Somebody's Out There"

Gil Moore sings lead vocals.

:help:

Peaked at #23 on the U.S. Billboard Album Rock Tracks chart (now known as Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart).

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"I'm Into Something Good"

Herman's Hermits

Written by Gerry Goffin-Carole King.

First recorded in 1964 by Earl-Jean McCrea.

The Herman's Hermits recorded teh song as their first single. It was released in September 1964.

Also a track of their debut album "Herman's Hermits" in the US version, released in february 1965. The LP was released later on in the UK but without the song.

It made #1 in the UK Singles list soon after it was released, in September and #13 in the US charts.

Jimmy Page didn't play guitar, as it has been said.

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #308

This week there is 2 (two) songs needing facts.

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #308

1. Empty Pages - Traffic (1970)

2. Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups (2006)

If you have any info on any of the songs mentioned anywhere in this thread, please feel free to post your knowledge here. Submissions on songs will be collated and sent to the main site and you will receive credit for your contribution.

As always the Songfish thanks you

:guitar: :drummer: :rock:

Empty Pages is the third track on Traffic's album John Barleycorn Must Die. It was written by Steve Winwood and Jim Capaldi.

John Barleycorn Must Die was the fourth album by the band. Released in 1970, on Island Records. It peaked at number 5 on the Billboard 200, their highest charting album in the US.

Empty Pages is the third track on Traffic's album John Barleycorn Must Die. It was written by Steve Winwood and Jim Capaldi.

John Barleycorn Must Die was the fourth album by the band. Released in 1970, on Island Records. It peaked at number 5 on the Billboard 200, their highest charting album in the US.

It features Steve Winwood on vocals, Hammond organ, electric piano, bass; Chris Wood on Hammond organ; Jim Capaldi on drums, percussion., B-sided by "Stranger To Himself", and it went #74 on Billboard Hot 100 for eight weeks.

"Lazy Eye" - Silversun Pickups

From their 2006 debut studio album, Carnavas.

It peaked at #5 on the U.S. Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart (now known as Alternative Songs chart).

Credited to the whole band.

The single was released in September 16, 2007.

Actually it was "Rock Band 2" and it was also featured on "Guitar Hero: World Tour".

Thanks Rock-O... I have RB3 with "Lazy Eye" & I forgot that it was part of a bonus setlist featuring RB2 songs (oops... my bad) :doh:

Good thing someone is keeping a sharp eye! :thumbsup:

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #309

This week there is 4 (four) songs needing facts.

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #309

1. Ridin' The Storm Out - REO Speedwagon (1973)

2. 1983… (A Merman I Should Turn To Be) - Jimi Hendrix (1968)

3. Always Something There To Remind Me - Naked Eyes (1982) (we have facts for Lou Johnson's version)

4. Seasons In The Abyss - Slayer (1990)

If you have any info on any of the songs mentioned anywhere in this thread, please feel free to post your knowledge here. Submissions on songs will be collated and sent to the main site and you will receive credit for your contribution.

Edited by Guest

"Ridin' The Storm Out"

REO Speedwagon

Written by Gary Richrath.

A track of the third album by Reo Speedwagon, "Riding The Storm Out", released in December 1973.

Also a single that didn't chart but became a hit in 1977, after it was released in their live album "You Get What You Play For".

It's a song about an experience the band had when they were stuck due to the storm after a concert in Wyoming.

"Always Something There To remind Me"

Naked Eeyes

Songfacts for the Lou Johnson Version here.

A Bacharach-David song.

A track from their LP "Burning Bridges".

Also a single recorded in September 1982 and released in January 1983 in the US.

B-sided by "Time Is Now", it entered the Billboard 100 in March and was at #8 by June.

The song is a synthpop version of the original. It was part of a demos the duo had recorded in Bristol.

It as recorded at Abbey Road Studios while there was a party downstairs, with Paul McCartney among other celebrities. The band would go down to the party and then come back upstairs and finish the recording.

" Seasons In The Abyss"

Slayer

Written by Tom Araya and Jeff Hanneman.

The last track to the eponymous album, the fifth studio album, released in October 1990.

It was also released as a single and it went #51 in 1991.

The song received much airplay through MTV.

1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)

Jimi Hendrix

Found on the album Electric Ladyland, it features Chris Wood of Traffic playing the flute, and clocks in at over 13 minutes long, making it the 2nd longest song Jimi Hendrix and the Experience released, behind Voodoo Chile.

Hendrix played all the instruments on the track, with the exception of drums and flute, played by Mitch Mitchell and Chris Wood respectively.

Information taken from Wikipedia

Thank you, PS! :cool:

I thought I'd leave this one for you as it's your nom.

I love this song. Maybe my fave JH's song. Not a big fan of Hendrix now, have been in the late sixties/early seventies.

I happened to nominate it a couple of times but no luck. I'm glad this time it made it... :thumbsup:

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #310

This week there is 4 (four) songs needing facts.

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #310

1. You Could Be Mine - Guns N' Roses (1991)

2. Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone) - Cinderella (1987)

3. Over You - Gary Puckett and The Union Gap (1968) 27 points

4. Long Stick Goes Boom - Krokus (1982)

Edited by Guest

"You Could Be Mine"

Guns N' Roses

Written by Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin.

A track from their fourth studio album "Use Your Illusion II"

B-sided by "Civil War", the single was released in June 1991. It was the first single of the album.

It went #29 on Billboard 100 and #3 on the UK Singles Chart.

The song was the theme of "Terminator 2: Judgment Day", the movie, though it was not written for that purpose.