Kevin Smith

scott

I know what you mean, I don't see why Mallrats gets such a bad rap! Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is my personal favorite too. :jester: :laughing: :jester: :coolio: :coolio:

Will Farrell is da bomb in it :jester:!

One of the best scenes from it is when Jay and Bob pose as a gay couple in Utah of all places! :laughing: :laughing:

The unfortunate thing about an entire thread dedicated to Kevin Smith is that if you want to make an exact quote from one of his movies (especially if Jay's the speaker) you're going to do a lot of bleeping! :laughing: :laughing:

I know what you mean, I don't see why Mallrats gets such a bad rap!

I hear ya. I LOVE that film and it's also hilarious. I could go on forever to mention my fav parts.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is my personal favorite too. :jester: :laughing: :jester: :coolio: :coolio:

Will Farrell is da bomb in it :jester:!

One of the best scenes from it is when Jay and Bob pose as a gay couple in Utah of all places! :laughing: :laughing:

I LOVE Will Farrell (heck, I practically love everyone :googly: :laughing: :laughing: ). I wouldn't be surprised if most on the set (during shooting of the film) peed their pants during outtakes, etc., involving Will.

The unfortunate thing about an entire thread dedicated to Kevin Smith is that if you want to make an exact quote from one of his movies (especially if Jay's the speaker) you're going to do a lot of bleeping! :laughing: :laughing:

You got that right :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I love Kevin Smith & all his movies (even Mallrats). Although I am a 35 year old woman, I have the sense of humor of an 18 year old frat boy. For some reason, I seem to have a thing for funny, chubby guys. Being a "chick", I'd say that "Chasing Amy" is Smith's best work. I don't care what a tool Affleck has become, I will always love him because of that movie. Have you seen "An Evening with Kevin Smith"? It is hilarious! His Prince story is an absolute classic. Thumbs up for Kevin Smith!

:thumbsup:

Kevin Smith knows how to make a movie for you to laugh at. And in other movies there are always morals and stuff. Kevins morals are, just dont steal monkeys, and when you see God playing skee ball, protect him from evil rollerbladers.

what are you talking about? Kevins Smith movies have morals just like every other director's films. They're just surrounded by incredibly funny [bleep]

A little tidbit about Kevin Smith. When he made his movie "Dogma" people from the catholic church were protesting it. He took of his "Silent Bob Gear" and went dressed as his normal clothes (making him look like a more sexy and cleanly Michael Moore) and went and protested his own movie. Most people didn't know that, it's funny as hell.

Being a very very very very strong Roman Catholic, i still love the movie Dogma, and it will always be my favorite. All my friends at youth group have seen it. And i renounce what i said earlier about morals for this one movie. Because, Kevin Smith slaps us Christians in the face, im talkin about the scene when the Last Scion and Chris Rock are talkin. She asks what the perfect denomination is. He says, nobody has it right yet, because we build everything around beliefs, not ideas. People will kill other people or have wars for beliefs, but not for ideas. Basically he is sayin we all need to come together as one. Great movie, and im proud of Kevin Smith for makin fun of Catholicism. People think we have sticks up our A**.

*Scott starts singing a little song, with backup vocals from the various personalities that inhabit his skull*

"Gonna save my thread

backround:He's gonna save his thread

If i don't save my thread

Oh it will be dead

gotta save my thread

backround-He's gotta save the thread

I gotta fix the post

Or it will be so toast

Gotta save the post

background-gotta save the post

There's too much of a chance

background-too much of a chance

That a religion will be kicked in the pants

background-kicked in the pants

*Scott's medication starts to kick in, he looks at the above post, and sais "What am I, going insane, those last two lines don't fit in well with syllables at all :jester:"*

Always willing to display my craft with words :jester:

Anyway...speaking of Kevin Smith. Me and my friends watched Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 5 times over the course of 24 hours yesterday and today woohoooo!!

Say Scott - I forgot to mention that I too found that scene hilarious (Bob & Jay - Gay Couple). Not only was Jay a riot, but Will (Ferrell) also had me peeing me pants.

Remember that line Will said about the (I won't type it out here) Brady Bunch? I LOVE that line! :D

Yes great for you "Boo Boo Kitty......" personally I secretely belong to a terrorist organization, I can't say it's name for fear of persecution :laughing: but know that whenever you hear it's name, you'll see my face.

I am the (unnamed terrorist groups name) commander! :laughing:

(I just realized that people that have never seen these movies must think that we're morons, because pretty much everything we've "quoted" from the movies (especially Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) has been incredibly criptic!) :laughing: