Fantasy Watches

Kevin

Now, here is a silly topic : We've all seen magazines or display cases in shops of some nice looking watches out there . Often , sadly , they are way out , or just out of that impulse buy range , but it is nice to dream ... someday . Or maybe a $20 buck Timex does the trick , and your satisfied ... What say , y'all ?

I'd love one of those German -made Lange and Sonn 's or a Brequet , unfortunately retailing around 8 -$10 ,000 ! Standard faces with a few classy dials , including the moon phases ( a must ! ) Hey , Cristmas is coming . If you all chipped in $500 or so ...

:grin:

i'm not a big fan of watches, I alaways just wore a swatch but after i graduated from highschool I got an expensive watch as I present, and the same applies to my uni graduation. The first time I wore the expensive watch (famous brand that i'd rather not mention) I was sooo weary that people would know, and that I would get mugged!

I'm sorry to hear that, invisible ( or that getting robbed is a reality ) ... I think a nice watch on either a man or lady looks great ! Really enhances the overall 'look ' of a person in a subtle way . C'mon ! It was a present ( lucky you ) ... so, tell us what it is ! ( Perhaps I've been in Japan too long and become brand -conscious ? ) Do you like it ? would you wear it more if you didn't feel uncomfortable ?

I like them as well because , at least in the movies , they are a kind of currency -- you could swap it for goods or services in an emergency . did you ever see "Trains , Planes , and Automobiles " where, first , Steve Martin Gets a hotel room for the exchange of a nice watch , and then John Candy tries to entice the owner with his plastic digital ? ..." It's a Casio ...! " :laughing: :laughing:

it's not anything very bling , like a huge gold watch, or one covered in diamonds by the way! it's a metalic one with a pink clock? watch? what's the actual watch part called?

The face ? Sounds lovely ! Post a pic, s'il vous plait !?

Edited by Guest

yep! :) I never thought I would have a conversation about watches! oh btw i looked for the least conspicuous photo, i.e. one where the brand name is not as visible.

I don't really read women's mags. but i must say, going to expensive jewellers to buy expensive watches is quite an aweful experience. not that i've ha d to do it, but i had to go pick up my mom's watch and you had to buzz for them to let you in, and i just felt very incomfortable! my cousin on the other hand goes in these places and just asks to try things on with no intention to buy of course! she is shameless!

Edited by Guest

no teasing about the brand please. it was a GIFT!

Hey, Rachel´s got a Rolex!!!

:laughing: :jester: :jester: :jester: :neener: :happybanana:

Nah, I was joking... :) It´s a nice watch and a very good one... don´t be ashamed, I have the same one, it was also a gift... it´s just that I don´t wear it because I don´t like to wear things on my wrist...

I like them as well because , at least in the movies , they are a kind of currency -- you could swap it for goods or services in an emergency . did you ever see "Trains , Planes , and Automobiles " where, first , Steve Martin Gets a hotel room for the exchange of a nice watch , and then John Candy tries to entice the owner with his plastic digital ? ..." It's a Casio ...! " :laughing: :laughing:

I think the best part of that scene is how Candy lays out the watch over his forearm like it's fine jewelry

I last went watch shopping after 10th grade... I replaced my digital watch for a sleeker bracelet type. It's thin with silver links and a small little face. I almost missed it while I was looking. 4 years later it's still with me. It's due for a clasp change now. 'Tis loose.