Let's Get Retarded

Carl

My Aunt teaches special ed, and she tells me the politically correct term is now "Cognitively Impaired." Anyway:

The Black-Eyed Peas released a song called "Let's Get Retarded" that somehow morphed into "Let's Get It Started" and became a massive hit. Does anyone know the details on this? I'm wondering if the Retarded version is the one on the album, and the Started version is the single and on the clean version of the album?

Thanks,

Carl

I've heard this too and know it's true, but the "let's get it started" version is the radio one. I've never heard the "retarded" one played anywhere, but have seen the video.

edit: The retarded version is on the new version of the album with let's get it started as a seperate track. It has been released as a single too.

The black Eyed Peas had to clean it up and make it "Politically Correct" or else radio stations and T.V stations would not and could not play it on there air ways without facing fines...and that is how it got changed to "STARTED" isntead of "RETARDED"

yup that's the truth. i saw them live and they sang 'let's get retarded' whereas the single version is the pc 'let's get it started'. my brother got into trouble with friends for singing the un-pc version cos they thought he was making it up!! but i have heard the un-pc version played in clubs etc. it makes sense that radios couldn't play the unedited version at the risk of being offensive. oh what a pc world we live in....!

I think the "lets get retarded" is the way all the kids sing it to make fun of the song. I have no idea though, thats just an educated guess.

"Lets Get Retarded" was the original song.

As far as I know(which is not much), the song just mean having fun, being stupid, not caring what people think of what you're doing. I don't see any reason to edit it IMO.