Your Region

MindCrime

Yeah farin, our ideas of rural are very different... when I go rural, I'm fishin, looking at cattle and holding my nose as we pass the hog farms... :crazy: Not true really...I love the "rural smell".....

We have cattle and hog farms as well, although not as big ones ;). And since there are hundreds of lakes around, fishing is no problem either.

I thought more along the lines of isolation. Mecklenburg is the least populated part of Germany, but e.g. there's no way to drive 5 to 10 minutes without coming to some small village or other. When I think of rural America I imagine driving for almost days without meeting anyone... :)

hey CeeCee - got room for a guest?? I've been to Virginia, Mississippi and South Carolina, and I love love love the historical stuff there. I could explore all day... sounds like your town is the sort of town I'd get lost in. I'll get my plane ticket and show up on your doorstep.

As long as you don't mind the couch....

If you like that stuff (and I do), it's a great place to live. Full of tourists, bicycles, motorcycles and classic cars cruising around. People with cameras everywhere. Course there's a restaurant, or bar alternating with the homes on display and antique shops. Dammit! :grin: