The Songfactors' Choice Top ten #181

Lucky

LOL...maybe!...actually we don't really buy each other presents anymore...I did get her a cool card that plays music...and a bottle of wine that she can share with me when I visit her tomorrow.... :P

And then there's hubby's nomination "Lay It On The Line"...He says "What's wrong with you people?"....LOL..now you know why I won't let him be a Songfactor...I probably would have to ban him....LOL :D

Edited by Guest

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm soooo happy the "Your Woman" made it in, it's one of my favorite 90's songs .... but I'm even happier that

1. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out - Bruce Springsteen (1975)

:rockon:

How many times, and how many of us have tried to get that song in the ten? And it's #1! :)

White Town finally made it in,

Gary Numan / Tubeway Army finally made it in (even though I like "Are 'friends' electric?" more :) )

I'm going to try to get some very good non-English songs in the TT. There are a lot of good non-English songs.

hear, hear! :thumbsup:

are you making a distinction between "serious music" ("E-Musik" in German) and "entertainment music" ("U-Musik"), hélène?

I thought only snobs do that :shades: ;)

No, I know I am a snob but all I meant is I don' t see what would bollywood, russian folk songs, tango or tarantella do in a rock/pop Top ten... :cool: ...nor Brel or Brassens, for that matter...

And about comparing French music to Bollywood or tango and saying this is a serious place, I was joking... You're free to love anything you feel like...

I think our personal Top 50s are the right place to nominate our fave songs. If we nominate other genres that some might love but others ignore at all, we will have a sort of weak Top... :shades:

I didn' t mean to offend you or anyone, by the way. Not even the tango lovers...

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #181 for the week ending 30th August 2009

1. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out - Bruce Springsteen (1975)

2. Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan (1965)

3. Let's Live For Today - Grass Roots (1967)

4. Cars - Gary Numan (1979)

5. Celluloid Heroes - The Kinks (1972)

6. I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor - Arctic Monkeys (2005)

7. 1999 - Prince (1982)

8. Your Woman - White Town (1997)

9. Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant (1983)

10. Inner City Blues (Makes Me Wanna Holler) - Marvin Gaye (1971)

:headphones: