SF Fantasy Football V : 2009 Season

Kevin

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you go to "Your Team" .... that's your team. That's all you are dealt for defense. You have a defensive squad, and then 2 defensive players that accumulate points each week. Basically you want the highest scoring total defense you can get between them all. Only two guys are gonna play, but that third guy is an extra option for you. You could drop the third guy if you don't want/need him, and use that roster spot for another position.

For instance, you are only gonna use 1 kicker, 1 defense and 2 individual defensive players in any week. But, for the sake of injuries, buy weeks, or whatever, you might want to have another option to go to in any of those spots. Does that make any sense? I totally explained it like a girl. ;)

Edited by Guest

Sproles,

eh?

Thanks for the help, everybody! Kevin has also given me excellent instructions via PT on how to do this. Still, I'll manage to mishandle my players somehow. Give them steroids, send them on police chases, have them gun down people in a cul-de-sac in San Diego for no apparent reason. It's how I roll.

My bold prediction: Teabaggers over CeeCeeRiders by a 4 point spread in the championship.

Pending that OchoCinco 85 receives sufficient playing time and isn't benched for his antics and personal conflicts with coaching, otherwise rookie Crabtree would be good to keep an eye on.

Based on running game, receiving team, passing and overall scoring ability and slightly on defense.

Edited by Guest

BYE weeks for each team, this is important for benching purposes

4 Arizona, Atlanta, Carolina, Philadelphia

5 Chicago, Green Bay, New Orleans, San Diego

6 Dallas, Indianapolis, Miami, San Francisco

7 Baltimore, Denver, Detroit, Jacksonville, Seattle, Tennessee

8 Cincinnati, Kansas City, New England, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Washington

9 Buffalo, Cleveland, Minnesota, NY Jets, Oakland, St. Louis

10 Houston, NY Giants

BYE weeks for each team, this is important for benching purposes

4 Arizona, Atlanta, Carolina, Philadelphia

5 Chicago, Green Bay, New Orleans, San Diego

6 Dallas, Indianapolis, Miami, San Francisco

7 Baltimore, Denver, Detroit, Jacksonville, Seattle, Tennessee

8 Cincinnati, Kansas City, New England, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Washington

9 Buffalo, Cleveland, Minnesota, NY Jets, Oakland, St. Louis

10 Houston, NY Giants

Thanks for this , MC -very helpful ! :thumbsup:

that's exactly what I mean. I think. I just need to know what I need to do before the first game.

I'd hate to have that first game come around and not get credit for any of the amazing plays my guys are going to make because I didn't do something I was supposed to beforehand...

Refer to PT info about changing to 'Classic mode ' . Once done , you will see that to the immediate right of the player's names is a position menu . Using this you can place them on the bench or in whatever positions they are eligible to play . When you have made changes -ALWAYS GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND CLICK 'SUBMIT CHANGES ' , or whatever changes you have done will not happen . Remember ; you can only have 1 player in each starting position and will get an error message if you have made a mistake . If so , go back and reset them until there is only 1 in each starting place , and the rest must sit on the bench . Whenever possible do not leave an empty starting position : check and double-check that this is so .

As far as I can see of your roster for week 1 , I think the best players you could have are already in place and do not have to do anything - just wait for the results . However , if you want to try to change players ( seriously , or just to try it out ) then give it a go . You can change around players up to game time to your heart's content with no limits .