SF Fantasy Football V : 2009 Season

Kevin

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Obon here - think a Japanese Easter, and there is squat to do but drink - and watch the Japanese war programs showing how the evil Americans made war on them , dropped an A-bomb , and then ruined their traditional culture of chauvinistic beasts with swords. :laughing: :laughing:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB162/

Anyway , you Yanks are still batting .428 which is really good counting WW I , WW II , Korea , Vietnam , Gulf War , Iraq and Afganistan . *

* Grenada doesn't count as even Luxemburg and all 50 of their guys probably could have pulled off a win : pre-season. ;):D

Ok , League is set up on Yahoo! . Seeker/Shawna : besure you have a Yahoo! account before you try to register .

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/signup

Choose the free football option ( blue color icons on the right side ), and click 'Join a league '.

League name: Songfactor's Gridiron 2009

Password: Carl

------

That should get you registered . PT or post if you are having troubles .

how do I get a yahoo account? :puppyeyes:

You know if I'm having trouble already, you're in for a fun season. :grin:

EDIT: I figured it out. Evidently I already have an account, because the ID I tried was unavailable, so I just logged in with it. But now I have to wait for 24 hours for them to "reactivate" it since it's been a while...

so... once Kev gets back here and gives us the *ahem* correct information, then I want to "join custom league", correct?

what should I expect once I get there? is that where we all pick our players? Will it be like a K-Mart bluelight special, and we'll all be throwing elbows and insults? Or will it be organized and calm, etc.? Is there a time limit? Is it a draft where I have to have the highest bid on my favorite players? :puppyeyes:

I'll be at Andy's watching the Charger game today, so I need to know if i'm going to have to sign on there and do it right away, or if I have time tomorrow, or what... :help:

Edited by Guest

Yes, you have lots of time, this is just preseason play right now. Kevin, as commisioner, will set the day & time for the draft later, prior to the real season play. The draft is automatic, we don't have a lot of flying elbows, or big money floating around. ;)

Once we get in you'll be able to surf around, and check it all out, maybe read some of the articles etc, they could help you (if you want, I do). Best case scenario, you try to watch as many games as possible & become somewhat acquainted with players. You have time now for that. Read the little blurbs about the players, look at their numbers, etc. You'll see, it's actually very easy.

you mean I could possibly automatically get saddled with Vick? Noooooooo!!!!!! if that happens, can I just bench him indefinitely? :grin:

You can drop / waive his sorry azz, and pick up another player, but it's unlikely you'll get a backup player, like Vick.

You can also pre select the order you want, if there's a specific player you want, (such as the Chargers' Phillip Rivers) to be your first or second pick).

Sorry about that ! :D

Ok , League is set up on Yahoo! . Seeker/Shawna : besure you have a Yahoo! account before you try to register .

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/signup

Choose the free football option ( blue color icons on the right side ), and click 'Join a league '.

League name: Songfactor's Gridiron 2009

Password: Carl

------

That should get you registered . PT or post if you are having troubles .

League ID#: 581639