SF Fantasy Football V : 2009 Season

Kevin

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well , step 1 is to sign up, Shawna , and once you've done that let me know and well get you ready for step 2 :the draft .

I've just used the commish tools to try something new this year . I've split us into 2 divisions - well , Yahoo! did based on sign up order . Think the two divisions in the NFL; AFC and NFC . Rather than just being a single list of competing teams ranked 1 to 10 , your division ranking is your first goal , followed by playoffs .

This may be tentative , however , as I'm keeping an eye on the schedules that are made therein . I will try for parity as much as possible , but if one division/schedule seems strongly unbalanced -and I can't modify it myself- then we may go back to the single list ... unless most still want to try it anyway .

Okay, I'm registered. I even moved some players over to my pre-draft column. How many players do I need total, and how many for each position, and how many positions are there?

180 total, there are 8 positions in Fantasy Football, but you need several running backs and wide receivers. I would try to even spread them out. It can be a pain selecting players, if you're not familiar with the sport, because the pre-rankings are inaccurate.

Thanks for setting this up Kevin, and MC - don't forget what happened to the XFL when they tried to start a rival league.

First order of business when I get on: Make sure Vick, Stallworth and Burress are off the roster.

Also Brandon Marshall (Broncos WR, I think #36 ranked) He's in some legal disputes and may not even play much this year.

I'm avoiding him, but I would recommend him to the other teams, since we are rivals :P

We need to select 180 players? That can't be right.

You can pre-rank up to 180 players, there will be a total of around 15 players on each person's team.

We need to select 180 players? :confused: That can't be right. There's not 360 people milling around on those pitches

No. You could set between 10~25 of of your top picks and will be lucky to get 10% of of them ( go ahead for more if you have time ). Setting to default is just as good , as only the top players are dealt out regardless of your picks -unless you didn't want them . After the first 50 or so good players are dealt out among 10 teams , it doesn't matter much who you get (it's cross your fingers time then ) - unless the injured or cut (NA). You then drop them and pick someone else .

These divisions... does that mean that some of us won't be able to play till the end, if we don't do well enough? :confused:

No , just games within your division will mean more . If you top your division you will be top seeded for the playoffs. Others will make it too : ie: second place ; and others will play a consolation round .

As far as I can see , it comes to making #1 or#2 in your division to play for the big prize -Carl's '65 Vette. Others will have to settle for what befalls them . Again , this is tentative for now - but I like how it's screwing with your heads ... :beatnik: :D