The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #157

My baby girl informed me today that she should have never turned me on to Songfacts because I beat her songs out for TT. Now, I am wondering what to do. 1. Wash her mouth with soap. 2. Don't participate for a couple of weeks so she can try to get hers in without my compitition. Or 3. Just let her take her chances like the rest of us.? BTW, I am only teasing her, not serious.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My baby girl informed me today that she should have never turned me on to Songfacts because I beat her songs out for TT. Now, I am wondering what to do. 1. Wash her mouth with soap. 2. Don't participate for a couple of weeks so she can try to get hers in without my compitition. Or 3. Just let her take her chances like the rest of us.? BTW, I am only teasing her, not serious.

Whatever mother :/:D :laughing:

Hmmm, I think that maybe we should prepare a list of all historical nominations so that we don't each have to put in so much work. I can probably extract every song from the Archive topic without too much effort...

THen perhaps we/I could keep it as an on-going updated list. To prevent these little misunderstandings ;-)

LBB

I don't know that we'll do it, although Darryl suggested it, and it sounds fun. It's just a passing thought. Actually, it's a very simple thing to do. You just search the archives using the "find" function. I do it every week, as do a lot of other people.

It really wouldn't be a difficult thing at all, and a search takes 2 minutes tops.

I said that a little 'tongue in cheek'. It would be difficult to police. The 'artists who haven't been nominated before' Top Ten sounds good though.

Doing a search of the 'Archives' is pretty straight forward as Lucky said. I have Windows XP, so I click on:

Edit

Find on this page

Type in song title and/or artist for each page of the Archives

It takes me about 5 minutes per nomination, but I still don't know what all of the buttons on a calculator are for, let alone a computer.

;)

Hmmm, I think that maybe we should prepare a list of all historical nominations so that we don't each have to put in so much work. I can probably extract every song from the Archive topic without too much effort...

THen perhaps we/I could keep it as an on-going updated list. To prevent these little misunderstandings ;-)

LBB

Lee, thanks very much, but I don't think that List is really necessary. It would probably overcomplicate things. I've always been an advocate of 'KISS' - keep it simple, stupid (not you). It's good of you to offer though.

I don't expect everybody to share my views on re-nominations.

And if I haven't nominated a song for 2 years or whatever - well, I had my chance.

Nice Top... :)

I just saw "Blood&Roses" by The Smithereens has made it... I nominated it almost ten times...:laughing:

I always renominate songs... :P I will have to find some original one... I was planning to nominate "River Deep, Mountain High" next week...

Next week is an OPEN week Elena. :) Go ahead - I'll vote for it again.

YOU were the first to nominate 'River Deep, Mountain High' in TT#15 ! The same Ten you nominated 'Venus'/Shocking Blue which has since become a #1 - for someone else, I think ?

The same Ten you nominated 'Venus'/Shocking Blue which has since become a #1 - for someone else, I think ?

Venus was number 1 when I nominated it, I wasn't aware of it being a re-nomination, I don't pay that close of attention. I doubt I participated in the weeks it had been nominated though.

Like I said kiddos .... this next week will be a "normal" week. Then, lets say 2 weeks from now (Top Ten #159) we'll do a "No Artists That Have made The Ten" ten, ok?

And let's continue to discuss the other ideas, it's always fun to add a twist, as long as it isn't too complicated, and brings new blood (artist or song) into the Ten. ;)

b-f, I'll echo Martin. I may not get to vote for your noms often because of the competition, but you sure have widened my knowledge, and opened my eyes, more than once. Isn't that the point? I think you for that, my dear Mr Fitter. ;)