Sign in to follow this  
_Laurie_

American Idol 2009

I'm an Anoop fan but he didn't do it for me last night. I haven't been in Idol love since my beloved Daughtry, but I've been feeling nether region tinglings for Gokey. He sang well but the song was a bit over the top. I dig his message but I hope he doesn't turn into a pagent queen.

And I swear to the God/Yaweh/Allah/The Hoff, if he sings "The Greatest Love of All", I am so outta there. :laughing:

Gokey's got some good pipes. He should do some R&B. He's got the blue eyed soul thing going. Watching that young gal doing The Police was painful, though. I think even The Hoff could do a better job on that tune. :)

The 36 are divided into 3 groups of 12, with each group performing in 3 consecutive weeks. Each week the #1 guy, #1 girl, and then the next top vote getter are the ones that go on. So of 12 each week there are only 3 that can go on, based on 1 performance. You're good that once or you're gone.

This has been a comedy show tonight with lots of bad singing.

:laughing: :thumbsup:

I don't care as much for the new season, that new Kara judge is just terrible. She complains every time one of the contestants performs a classic song and she constantly tells them she would give them a better rating if they performed something more contemporary. Even Simon and Paula want her off the show.

yeah, tonight sucked butt. Simon is honest-to-goodness the only judge I ever agree with 99% of the time.

The one contestant from tonight that I really liked was the one with the really long hair who had a tattoo all over her right arm. And the guy at the end - Mr. Hollywood - what a dipsh*t. He was sooooooo fake and so very in love with himself. Bleccchhh.

I don't like Miss Kara, either.

The one contestant from tonight that I really liked was the one with the really long hair who had a tattoo all over her right arm.

What song did he sing? I was mostly just listening to it in the background.

And the guy at the end - Mr. Hollywood - what a dipsh*t. He was sooooooo fake and so very in love with himself. Bleccchhh.

Was he the guy who sang Satisfaction?

Miss Arm-Tatoo sang Put Your Records On (love that song), and did it very well. She's cute and has lots of personality, she's a hit. Mr Hollywood (actually from San Diego, so I was originally rooting for him) sang Satisfaction, and sucked royally, I thought. He's been in musical theater since he was 10? That's how he sang Satisfaction, as though he were in a musical, and I hated it!

I like the guy that sang midway through the night, Kai I think his name was. He sang a 60's song that escapes me right now, but he sang it well, and he has the most gorgeous smile I've ever seen. Of course the judges hated it.

Somebody vote Kara off please. Don't like her. :P

Lord awmighty, looks like you got your wish, Peaches.

I think that boy is gross. His tongue was hanging out tonight when he re-"performed" his Stones song, and the whole thing was so over the top I'd be surprised if he lands anytime soon.

I knew he would make it through. I'll reserve judgement, but so far I'm not so high on him.

I'm disappointed that arm tatoo girl didn't make it through, she was GOOD. :P I'm also surprised over the Arkansas guy makin' it. He sang Michael Jackson, Man in the Mirror, in a very un-Michael way, with a very un-Michael look, and not very well either. :P

The blind guy sings tonight. He needs a Blind Blues name. So, from now on, he's Blind Lemon Cracker.

:D

Yes, the I liked the girl that sang Heart too. She's my favorite of the 3 that went through.