Ricky Martin Reproduces

RonJonSurfer

Ricky Martin calls fatherhood a `spiritual moment'

NEW YORK – Ricky Martin is showing off the first photos of his twin boys, who were born last summer to a surrogate mother.

Photos of the Latin superstar and his sons Valentino and Matteo appear in the upcoming issue of People. Martin announced their birth on Aug. 20, when the babies were several weeks old.

Says Martin: "I'm so happy! Everything they do, from smiling to crying, feels like a blessing. Being a father feels amazing. This has been the most spiritual moment in my life."

The "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer says surrogacy "was an intriguing and faster option" than adoption.

And Martin says: "I'm the one who changes the diapers, the one that feeds them, the one that bathes them, the one that puts them to sleep."

___

It seems very pointedly left open to interpretation. By not mentioning the partner, or lack thereof, he's not officially confirming or denying anything. His personal life is meant to be a mystery. Except for the babies. Clay Aiken did exactly the same thing I believe, before he officially "came out".