Could you guys recommend ...

Lea

some good foreign music for me? I want to make a CD. Any language or a mix of language is fine as well. Links would be great if you have them :thumbsup:

So far I have these:

Je Veux Nager-Arno

Swim with me (English Demo Version)-Arno

Bongo Bong-Manu Chao

Clandestino-Manu Chao

Desaparecido-Manu Chao

Mr Bobby-Manu Chao

Laisse Tomber Les Filles- France Gall

99luft Balons- Nena

Mama Call - Manu Chao(Lost this one)

Alegría - Cirque du Soleil

Rainin in Paradize - Manu Chao

Putain Putain-ARNO

'Mourir à plusieurs'-Arno

Punjabi Mc-Jogi(Don't have the mp3 yet just a vid link)

I won't use some of these but if you guys know of anything I might like please post them :D

Thanks again for the introduction to some of these artists Farin and Viaene :D

Oh I do :D do you also have a translation for it as well. I do like to kinda have a bit of an idea what the songs say if possible :D

DH hates my music he always says "Do you even know what their saying ?!?!" I tell him sometimes I do but I don't really care much if I don't. He just shakes his head at me :laughing:

Well I kinda like Rock a little bit but also really like Manu Chao and he isn't real rocky I don't think.

As long as it's not opera,classical or to laid back I'd sure give it a listen. I'm not real sure what I want myself but I will know when I hear it. It was like that with Arno and Manu Chao. Didn't know how much I liked them until I heard them. I'm new to this I have little if any exposure to foreign music.

I'm ready to take the plunge :D

Lea, I wouldn´t know where to begin, just like Martin... :P

I will be posting some links tomorrow (I need the PC and now it´s late) but if you like French music (Françoise Hardy, Polnareff, Gainsbourg, Jane Birkin, Brassens) Brezilian (Joao Gilberto, Os Mutantes, Rita Lee, some songs of Roberto Carlos), some music in spanish... well, I even have a song in Romanian!! :laughing: I´ll youtube some for you tomorrow... :)

Thanks edna that would be great. There is no rush. I figure it will take me awhile to decide and it is DH's b-day today so I won't really have a lot of time myself but will keep checking in :D

Thanks you guys, I have a feeling this is not only going to be fun but quite educational :thumbsup:

alright, then...

sooner or later everyone who asks for non english recommendations will get this band from me, so we might as well get it over with ;)

Nichts in der Welt ~ Die Ärzte this one's with english subtitles :)

a classic, a bit more punk Wünsch Dir Was ~ Die Toten Hosen

underrated classic, by one of the most underrated bands I know

Universal Tellerwäscher ~ Die Sterne

a bit more recent

Nur Ein Wort ~ Wir Sind Helden

Mensch ~ Herbert Grönemeyer with english subtitles

East German classic Rock

Am Fenster ~ City

or New Wave? (NDW, see your Nena song) Blaue Augen ~ Ideal

just tell me which agrees with you and which doesn't, and we'll go from there ;)

Jogi -- Punjabi MC

Here you go. Now may I ask why you didn't vote for it when I nominated it a month ago? :shades:

Well for two reasons. #1 What it was up against and

#2 It took time to grow on me :D

and I thank you very much for the link. Thank you all for the links. I may have to wait for my B-day (day after Christmas) to be able to turn them up but listen I will. If I can find my headphones my sweet daughter used last, I will listen this afternoon :thumbsup:

Thanks guys this is great :happybanana:

Lea - if not for Martin's and Radhi's suggestions for the interview, I would never have known this song existed, but it's hauntingly gorgeous.

Hoppipola - We Are Scientists (originally by Sigur Ros, but I like this version better!)

Keith Murray of We Are Scientists, who I interviewed and asked him about this, said he has no clue what the song's about, and sang it strictly phonetically.

bluesy's right: Luaka Bop is a great label to check out for all kinds of stuff.

I hadn't thought of it earlier but the band Los De Abajo might be right up your street.

Some "Los De Abajo"

Also on Luaka Bop, the rather excellent "What's Happening In Pernambuca" series is a veritable treasure-trove of modern Brazilian music, fusing Latin American roots with all manner of "modern" strands, from psychedelic through indie to hip-hop. :cool:

"What's Happening In Pernambuco?"

Listen to bluesboy, he's the dude!

Real World released all sort of fantastic and diverse artists from around the world. I'm a mere dabbler, but I would strongly recommend listening to Sheila Chandra. Enchanting.

"Taal"

"One"

"Shanti, Shanti, Shanti"

"Kafi Noir" (Sunset Over The Ganges)

These are probably a bit "ambient" for whatever you had in mind, but in my book, Sheila Chandra's voice is a conduit for some Higher Power.

- Music in Spanish by Jeanette

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3cdzgGaSUE

- Music in Japanese by L'Arc-En-Ciel or Sharan Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5MSpnMwxdE

- Music in Swedish by Kent

- Music in Italian by Pupo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_au6L0k41Y

- Music in German by Wolfsheim

- Music in Corean by Loveholic