Sign in to follow this  
Farin

Very rare White Album for sale on eBay

I bought mine when it was released. Gotta dig it out and see what number it has.

I got mine when it was released too, in Argentina (promo copy)... but after some five or more years, I bought a new one in Spain. Ten years later, I had to buy another one (in France) and I bought my fourth copy in New York. My fifth was a cd a friend of mine gave me (the complete Beatles collection, a nice gift... :) ) Now I´m trying to get hold of that first 1968 pressing, with the number et all (I guess one of the first copies in South America), my young sister is supposed to have it stored in some closet... she´s not a Beatles lover.

Thanks Ron and edna for the info.

edna,

Did you need to buy more copies because they wore out? We have numerous copies of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon for that very reason.

My husband told me pressings from Japan hold their value more than other countries.

Yes, Marss, I listened to those records maybe 10 times a day :laughing:

So I had to replace them from time to time... :shades: It also happened with a long long list of other albums (In the Court of the Crimson King, Sticky Fingers, Led Zeppelin I, DSOTM, Atom Heart Mother, Woodstock, etc...)

Your husband is right, for some reason - ? - collectors prefer Japanese pressings...

I treasure my copy of Tommy on vinyl... not because it's in such great shape, it isn't, but because you can tell someone loved that album and listened to it a lot, read the booklet a couple of times and didn't just let the album gather dust on a shelf.

I have a copy of the original "Silver Springs" that was supposed to go on the "Rumours" album. It's a 45 and the B side of "Go Your Own Way."

A friend of mine who managed a record store back in the day (Licorice Pizza) went to a convention and got it for me. The cover verbiage was in Japanese, and I was such a dork I worried that when I listened to it it would be sung in Japanese. :blush: :laughing:

I have two copies of the White album. Don't ask, I've no clue.

One of them has the raised lettering, and one has the sort of silver flat lettering. Neither of them have copy numbers, so I guess neither of them have been officially produced. :crazy: