What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Farin

Really? :shades: funny... The Bollock Brothers... wasn' t that the band of the guy who broke into the Queen's room some decades ago? I saw them live... I don't remember a thing...

Hmmm.. I didn't think any of the Bollock Brothers had broken into the Queen's bedroom, and indeed, they didn't - that was a chap called Michael Fagin. But it says here...

The Bollock Brothers are a British Punk act formed in 1979 by the London promoter, DJ and manager Jock McDonald and are latterly best known for their cover of Serge Gainsbourg's song "Harley David (Son of a Bitch)".

Alter-incarnations of the band include Red Lipstique, fronted by Dave Archer and Terry

The BB's were renowned for their left field covers of such songs as Dracs Back, Shame Shame Shame (as Red Lipstique) and For Your Love as well as their self penned creations such as Horror Movies and The Slow Removal of The Left Ear of Vincent Van Gogh. Always on the lookout for clever publicity, their 1983 electro version of the Sex Pistols' album Never Mind The Bollocks received critical acclaim and featured a certain Michael Fagan, the man who famously entered the Queens bedchamber at Buckingham Palace

So there you go.

Before today, I hadn't listened to "Harley David-Son Of A Bitch" since 1986. A friend played it to me when I was staying in Koln. Wonder if it's still available anywhere?

So there you go.

Thank you, BF... :) It reminded me of something but that was... so long ago :cool:

Before today, I hadn't listened to "Harley David-Son Of A Bitch" since 1986. A friend played it to me when I was staying in Koln. Wonder if it's still available anywhere?

It's on Youtube. You mean, the BB's version...? :shades: I never heard it by Gainsbourg... (I know "Harley-Davidson" by BB... Brigitte Bardot... )

"Love On The Beat" - Serge Gainsbourg.

Edna, I just listened to Serge's "Harley Davidson" and compared it to the Bollock Brothers track, commonly refererred to as "Harley David Son Of A Bitch", which I was listening to earlier. The latter features Serge's spoken word vocal from Harley Davidson, but fits it with a quite different musical backing.