The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #128

Lucky

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

karma, when I nominated 'An Old Fashioned Love Song', only Shawna and CanAm voted for it besides me, 19 points total. Good Luck with it.

:)

And - you all ask - does he really keep a record of every song he's ever nominated ? Well, when I first read about the PTTs, I thought we were choosing 50 our own past nominations*, so I went through and extracted all of mine. Interesting exercise.

* As was rightly pointed out this would have excluded our newer members though.

Good to see Mars with us this week. I hope those friends who missed nominating in the last week/s will return. We miss you Jenny, b-f, Kevin and others!

:P

For my second nomination here's one by 'Ol Bob'. He can't sing worth a damn now, but gee he wrote some great songs - and he didn't do a bad job on this one at all. And now as I'm leavin', I'm weary as Hell...

With God On Our Side - Bob Dylan (1964). 7 minutes ! Good grief. (Now it's an Anti-War song and I hope nobody will take offence at the lyrics, as none is intended).

Let's hope for a flood of nominations overnight/day - whatever.

:headphones:

I really only know 'Girls'. It still gets heaps of AM airplay here in Brisbane.

Have you seen Richard lately ? With those dark glasses and black hair he looks like Roy Orbison.

:)

Thanks ! I'll nominate 'Summer Rain' in the next couple of weeks. Peachy has Johnny Rivers' cover of 'Memphis' this week. (Better than Chuck Berry's original).

I have 10 songs already. I go away for a few weeks and you kill me with good noms!!!!!!

Thanks for missing me in these, Old 55. I've missed listening and voting, too.

Here are my noms:

Bust A Move - Young MC

Black Cat - Janet Jackson (1990)

How's that for choosing stuff that won't make the 10? All I ask is that you listen...I know Young MC is hip-hop, but it's not gangsta rap, it's cute and fun. Janet is trying something different with Black Cat and IMO, Rhythm Nation is her best album, so please someone YouTube me and all of you give 'em a try.