The Songfactors' Choice: Best Canadian Artists!

Lucky

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2nd nomination is Avril Lavigne.

Animation2.gif

I think that Avril Lavigne is one of the most talened artists around today. She writes her own songs and music(with others helping at times). She plays several different instruments and can she ever sing.

She started singing in church with her mother at 3 years old. Then she just kept going. She started her professional career at 16.

I am so impressed with this young woman. She has a very unique voice and style and I love her songs.

To read her bio, please go here:

Link

Nobody's Home

Don't Tell Me

When You're Gone

I'm With You (special for my sweet Lea)

Hope that you enjoy this artist as much as I do.

Edited by Guest

I am about to toss this machine into the trash and build me a new one. I has only let me put one song up and none of the rest of them work. I am doing the same thing over and over. Any suggestions?

And it is also making me spell wrong gggggrrrrr

You know those plastic eating utensils they give you at Kentucky Fried Chicken, and similar places? Sort of a spoon/fork .... spork! ;)

I'm sorry karma, that's referencing a long ago thread & joke, which was terribly funny at the time, but you sorta had to be there, I guess. To be completely honest, it invovled doing Miss Lavigne in with sporks and other assorted & sundry objects. Like I said, you had to be there. :P

I'm right there with you karma. I spent my life with construction workers. The entire freaking family, including my sons. All 3 of them. :D

As far as Avril goes, that was then, and this is now. Lets just say I'll give her every chance, cause I don't really know a lot of her stuff. ;)

Well I AM a Lady and I swear like a longshoreman (my husband taught me). Now, am I to take this that you darling people don't like my brilliant and talented lady? For shame!!!!:D:D

Oh we like the lady ... we love music and art , and all the finer things in life ... we're just not fans of Impressionism , I guess , though edna does love Picasso for some reason beyond us all , but then he's a cubist .

Ok we give ... Next : Top 10 Best Australian Artists !

( There's only so much limelight and fawning Canadians can take before it just becomes embarassing , eh ?! )

ooooooh I love the Aussies. Can't wait for that one to start.