Bjork has done it again

lonelyday

Bjork assaults news photographer

5:00AM Monday January 14, 2008

By Beck Vass

Iceland's singing and songwriting sensation Bjork attacked a Herald photographer on her arrival at Auckland International Airport yesterday.

This is the second time the singer has attacked a journalist - the last time was in 1996 after a long flight to Thailand.

Bjork, who is in Auckland to perform at the Big Day Out on Friday, tore photographer Glenn Jeffrey's shirt in half, after he photographed her arriving at 7.50am yesterday.

Jeffrey, a news photographer of 25 years, said Bjork was accompanied by a man who asked him not take photographs.

"I took a couple of pictures and I got about three or four frames of her ... and as I turned and walked away she came up behind me, grabbed the back of my black skivvy and tore it down the back.

"As she did this she fell over, she fell to the ground. At no stage did I touch her or speak with her."

Bjork said nothing throughout the incident but the man with her was saying: "B, don't do this, B, don't do this,"' Jeffrey said.

Jeffrey spoke to Auckland police yesterday. He said: "I don't see being assaulted as I'm working as a press photographer as an acceptable thing.

"If anybody assaults anybody you have the right to a legal recourse, whoever they are."

A spokeswoman for Auckland International Airport said staff would review video footage if police requested it.

The incident bears the hallmarks of another attack, in 1996, during which Bjork famously attacked a reporter after a long flight to Thailand.

She later apologised for the attack, which is now posted on the YouTube website.

New Zealand Herald

Pardon my old fashioned vocabulary , but it seems like years since 'assault' actually meant kicking the s**t out of someone - not just ripping their poofy shirt ... Bjork's what - 5' 2" ?! :P :laughing:

You spend the time on a flight from Iceland/Europe ( or nearly anywhere else ) to New Zealand and see if you don't feel like ripping some neck if anyone gets in your face when you land ... :D

Excellent points, comrade Kevin; especially the latter.

Add those to this...

Bjork...tore photographer Glenn Jeffrey's shirt in half, after he photographed her arriving at 7.50am yesterday.

Jeffrey... said Bjork was accompanied by a man who asked him not take photographs.

"I took a couple of pictures and I got about three or four frames of her ........

Sounds like he asked for it, yet he's claiming to be "the good guy". If somebody expressly requests not to be photographed, then their wishes should be respected, unless there are specific exceptional circumstances justifying such a violation, IMHO.

Sounds like he asked for it, yet he's claiming to be "the good guy". If somebody expressly requests not to be photographed, then their wishes should be respected, unless there are specific exceptional circumstances justifying such a violation, IMHO.

Indeed.

Somebody should really do something about the paparazzi. :mad:

yeah...this article was written by the newspaper of the photographer...so it's a little biased...i think others have reported it as an "alleged attack" rather than a certain "assault"

i'm not sure what the circumstances were seeming as they haven't released video footage or anything but if the photographer was being in her face then that's just rude...and sucks seeming as it's not something you'd expect from that newspaper.

...i find it really weird that he was wearing a skivvy considering it is the middle of summer here and all...