Announcements

edna

Big deal . Sometimes people will die from tasers ; and they were acting like freaks , in an airport , in THESE days of paranoia - if they have some rare condition . Better than a .38 caliber shoot out in the airport , though .

Tragic , and if wrong , the gov't will pay compensation .

I have been working with MacMillan Inc for nearly a year and the fruit is that they are developing a website devoted to my writing and photography, from which together we will hopefully launch a broader acceptance of my work. In acting as my internet agent in this matter, I am bound by terms of agreement to remove from the internet any non-judicial (voluntarily posted) poetry or prose from any dedicated writing forums. This means my work here and one other site (Poetry For The Heart) will be removed.

Be assured this is no reflection on anyone or anything that has transpired in the Creative Writing Forum on this site and the timing is serendipity, in nature. I intend to remain active with my SF family for as long as I live. Sayings, small poetry exerpts or anything else of a written nature I desire to share in a non-formal writing forum is fine, according to our agreement. So I will still be active in forums.

Let me reiterate this is a business dealing and not in response to any occurance at Songfacts. The recent ruffling of feathers in the creative writing forum is forgiven, forgotten and I desire we all move forward. If it felt to any here that I have cuffed a younger sibling, it has merely been out of caring about the entire family, because I love this place. In fact, when they asked me what domain name I wanted to give the site to feature my work, I thought of all sorts of clever, tricky names, but settled on the one that you all here have come to know me by: www.steel2velvet.com So whenever you want to read something I have written, you may visit there. There will be much, much more poetry (tweaked into its final format) than I have posted here anyway; and it will all be woven into a story titled "A Poet's Trilogy." I will also have other writings of prose and perhaps teasers from the novel I am writing, from which hopefully I can make some money.

So there it is, my poetry will be gone, but still available for viewing (along with selected photos used in illustration of my words.)

That's a bunch of B.S , Steel . Who's gonna know if you have some works left here ? Congrats , by the way ! :thumbsup: We literaritousity bunch will your posts miss ! You've sold out - who was it? Coke ?

:D

Oh, I don´t know what you mean, Kevin... it´s a foundation to support New Orleans musicians... Pepsi? I haven´t read the whole myspace link but I understand it´s a drummer I know who´s organizing all this... I thought it would be fine to post it here, that´s all.

:bow: Lucky! Well done - keep it going! :)

Have fun, Marc... I remember going to Death Valley when I was 14 or 15. It was hot as blazes... and I loved it!

My announcement is my survival today after babysitting my not-quite-1-year-old-great-nephew for 10 hours. And having not been left alone for that long with a baby that young in over 15 years, I'm quite proud that I even remembered how to change diapers. :grin:

Yay Shawna! (lucky for little cutiepie) it comes back quicker than a bicycle, huh? ;)

Marc do you go fourwheelin' out there? We were in Borrego Springs (San Diego county's answer to Death Valley) last week and it appears that is the big activity out there. It was really beautiful as well, but spooky too, if you allow your imagination to run that way.

My mom and dad always took us to Death Valley when I was a kid. They were real rock hounds. I liked it ok back then, especially the night sky.

All those stars shooting across the sky... Amazing.

Have fun Mark and take pictures. Be careful of the scorpions, those things are just nasty :crazy: