Looking For a Smooth Jazz Song

babyteen

There's this smooth jazz instrumental song that I've been looking for, for what seems like a couple of years now. The problem is, I don't know the name of the song, nor do I know the name of the artist. All I know about this song is, it came out some time between the late eighties and about 2000, its drum beat is on a Roland CR78 drum machine, the rhythm is sort of a techno beat, and it was featured in a movie. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Do you have any suggestions as to what the song might be, and what movie it was featured in?

What movie was the song featured in?

To be 100% honest with you, I don't exactly know the title of the movie. But I do know that it came out some time between 2003 and 2005, and the song is featured in part of the beginning of the movie where there's spoken dialogue between the two main characters, which are two lovers. The song is then featured again at the end, as the credits are rolling. I know my Grandmother was watching this movie, because it actually came on when she was living near Valley River Center in Eugene, Oregon. She now lives in Cottage Grove. And like I said, the song is instrumental, with a sort of techno beat played on a Roland CR78 Drum Machine. I know I heard it on the smooth jazz station that we used to have here in Eugene, 95.3 KUJZ. However, that particular station isn't here any longer, as it's been taken over, to my dismay, by a country music station!

Has anyone found out about the smooth jazz song I'm trying to find? I know it's an instrumental song, featuring a Roland CR78 Drum machine as the beat, either a synth or an electric bass, a synthesized version of a French Horn, possibly done on either a Moog or an Oberheim as the main instrument that played the melody, and some other keyboards in the background. It's a techno beat, and it's mostly in the key of G-minor. And like I said, it is also featured in a movie. Some say it might be Paul Hardcastle's "Rain Forest", but I know for sure that that's not the one I'm thinking of.