Music Education

TheLizard

Ohhh of course....

I had this stoopid teacher for half of my music education who taughts us the "TAH-TI-TI-TAH!" crap for a whole year (I was 13 then). Anyway then I got this other teacher who smoked dope and knew about everything and let us be so free....and even though he let us do anything we wanted, I learn't more in that year than I did in every single class of my whole education....

Edited by Guest

Teachers are the deciding factor, I think, with ANY subject. I have had subjects I've hated (science), but learned to enjoy because the teacher (Mr. Torretto) was so awesome, and equally subjects I loved that have been destroyed by abysmal teachers (names withheld). :grin:

Art is humanity's form of expression, and music and the visual arts express what words simply cannot. It is a crime and a hindrance to development not to give children, and, much more importantly, teenagers access to artistic education. I am fortunate enough to be in an arts program at school, but I still feel that the ratio of 1 arts course to 7 academics should be changed.