The Summer Festival For Peace 1970

• 2 weeks later...

I was at this concert with my friend who left early because it was his birthday and he had to get home for a family party. I sat in one of the tiers and clearly remeber looking across to the other side of the stadium and seeing the tiers moving up and down from the people getting into the music. I can affirm as others have that Jimi Hendrix was not there although he was scheduled. I remember the perfomances by Richie Havens, Pacific Gas & Electric, CCR, Steppenwolf, Poco, and of course Janis Joplin who did indeed knock down a bottle of Southern Comfort. I remember CCR having speakers stacked two high which really rocked the place. It was quite an event. Priceless.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

ATTENDED the 1970 shea stadium festival for peace -

EXCEPTIONAL concert all around. remember POCO and JANIS JOPLIN outstanding, CCR, JOHNNY WINTER, and a full lineup made this among the best concert sets ever. John Sebastian MC, and for a "Beautiful" feeling, will say had one of the most incredible visionary experiences of my life, unforgettable.

Saw a web page with Ken Davidoff pictures from the Shea festival. That was cool to see. They have a 60's style tribute band to festivals as well. Jimi Hendrix was absolutely not there. Thanks to all the musicians and people who played and made this truly honor the ideals of peace, love and music, freedom and joy!

It is notable how far we need to come to be in this mode worldwide and in the USA. Aquarian Age has begun, with or without us. Straight Ahead.