The Best Covers Top Ten

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couple ideas for Best Covers:

Wild World ~ Mr. Big (Cat Stevens)

Walk this Way ~ Run DMC (Aerosmith)

Everybody's Gonna Be Happy ~ Queens of the Stone Age (The Kinks)

I started a Joke ~ Faith No More (Bee Gees) ;)

Fell in Love with a Boy ~ Joss Stone (Fell in Love with a Girl ~ White Stripes)

Killing Me Softly ~ The Fugees (Roberta Flack)

Billie Jean ~ The Bates (Michael Jackson)

Always on my mind ~ Pet Shop Boys (Brenda Lee - famous by El Vis)

couple ideas for Best Covers:

Wild World ~ Mr. Big (Cat Stevens)

Walk this Way ~ Run DMC (Aerosmith)

Fell in Love with a Boy ~ Joss Stone (Fell in Love with a Girl ~ White Stripes)

Killing Me Softly ~ The Fugees (Roberta Flack)

They all get a :thumbsup: from me

Always on my mind ~ Pet Shop Boys (Brenda Lee - famous by El Vis)

I never knew Brenda Lee covered this. I must for to check it out ;)

The title is just "Always On My Mind'. :)

Brenda Lee had the first known charted version, US Country #45 in 1972. I can't find when Elvis' version was recorded, but it must have been before before 1977.

The first Mainstream Chart appearance was Willie Nelson's version, US Country #1 and Pop #5 in 1982, when it won the Grammy for Best Song.

It's probably an old Country Staple that's been on a few Country singers' albums, but I'd be happy to go with Martin and call Brenda Lee's the "Original".

And I agree that Willie's version is better than Elvis', Ron.

:)

It looks like a few people, me included, would like to see a 'Best Covers #2' Special. I'm sure Radhi can arrange that, but it will be a few weeks' off, as after Top Ten #75, Chris will be conducting 'The Ultimate Top Ten #3', which will run for 6 weeks !

He'll be rating all 250 songs that will have appeared in TTs #51 to #75 into 5 Groups of 50, and we'll be voting on those to come up with our Ultimate TT#3.

Voting will be restricted to those who've participated in at least one of those 25 Top Tens, so if you haven't, nominations are still open for the current Top Ten #74, and then last chance in our big Diamond Top Ten #75 next week.

A good Top Ten with no real surprises, except I didn't know the Black Crowes' cover - in fact I hadn't heard it until Jenny nominated it. It's good though !

I have the live version about 6 minutes long something like that and WOW!! I like the Black Crowes. I hope there is another Top Ten in this category. This was cool and we only scratched the surface of great covers.

Big Diamond Top Ten ? ! Does that mean and all Neil Diamond Top Ten ?

Hi Shannon. :)

I was trying to find out what the symbol for '75th' was, and I found 60 and 75 are both referred to as 'Diamond' occasions.

How about joining us for that one ? It's a big occasion.

Maybe you can come up with a Neil Diamond song that will crack the Ten ! He hasn't made it yet, which is amazing.

:)