Booze, Blow, Buckingham

RonJonSurfer

Fleetwood Mac Secrets Revealed

Carol Ann Harris reveals in her book, how guitarist Lindsey Buckingham would indulge in cocaine and beer during the height of the band's fame in the 1970s.

Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham was once rushed from the stage of a televised music awards ceremony because he was too drunk, according to his ex-girlfriend.

Carol Ann Harris reveals in her book, Storms: My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac, how Buckingham would indulge in cocaine and beer during the height of the band's fame in the 1970s.

She claims Buckingham was removed from the stage of the 1978 American Music Awards after collecting the band's Album of the Year award because he was too drunk.

According to Harris, his bandmates found him backstage looking at a puddle of his own "disgusting biohazard" vomit.

She also claims Buckingham heckled country great Kenny Rogers at the Grammy Awards and poked fun at his make-up.

Harris writes, "I really didn't want to have my fairytale night spoiled by a fight between Kenny Rogers and my man."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

I probably told this story here already, but...I went to see John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers in the mid-80's. John McVie was playing bass, or at least was supposed to play bass....he was so utterly stoned that he obviously could not function. You could see John Mayall looking back at him and getting really angry...right in the middle of one song..Mayall ran back to McVie and yanked the cord from the amp....Mayall went back to the keys and McVie continued to play for 15 minutes, not knowing there was no sound coming from the amp....he was walked offstage about 15 minutes later...never to be seen again...and not really missed as some stand-in filled in for him very nicely.

Lot 'o Fleetwood Mac $$$ going up the nose.

• 2 weeks later...

Just because somebody says something is good, that doesn't mean they're right or that you'll like it.

And yeah, this isn't much of a shock. Musicians take drugs to try and help them make better music, when all it's really doing is screwing up the chemistry in their heads and in the band. And the sad part is, is won't stop. :(

I idolize only myself.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

That's what they are calling it now a days!! :grin:

I saw Stevie Nicks on her first solo tour back in the early 80's and she was stoned. She forgot the words to a song and left the stage and came back in a new outfit and sang a different song. That's how it was so often back then, artist stoned or drunk on stage. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll!! I like going to concerts in todays world where most artists are clean and sober. I want my moneys worth.