Cool links and sites II

The Seeker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like this one...

I do have one complaint, and that's that I must stay indoors on windy days. Last fall we had a windy day and I received notice that hundreds of women were suddenly pregnant, carrying my offspring, up to 12 miles away.

That said, I would whole-heartedly recommend the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt.

http://www.opacity.us

Wow, that's a great site. I like seeing pictures of those things. There's one just around the corner here... I don't like walking past it because it tempts me to investigate :angel:

edit: research revealed that it's an abandoned iron frame mill, founded in the early 19th century. Nice.

Edited by Guest

The "How to survive in a world ruled by robots" article on Fark is great! I'm seriously considering buying the book, How to Survive a Robot Uprising, just in case I need to know how to treat a laser wound. That article led me to this one: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30830228/ :cool:

Wow, that's a great site. I like seeing pictures of those things. There's one just around the corner here... I don't like walking past it because it tempts me to investigate :angel:

edit: research revealed that it's an abandoned iron frame mill, founded in the early 19th century. Nice.

Motts (the photographer) has gone to some very interesting and amazing places. Abandoned hospitals, insane asylums, schools, crypts....he's even been to Europe.

I could spend hours pouring through the photos, reading the comments and learning about the places he's been. On top of it all, he's a great photographer.

I didn't know there was an interest in photography like that

the link blog I'm visiting regularly has photos of abandoned industrial/urban sites quite often :)

Oh yeah, abandoned photography/urban exploration is something I'm very interested in.

The site you visit regularly....what's the address? I'm always looking for new places to check out.

I believe I mentioned www.Deezer.com before, where you can stream albums and listen to radios per genre or per artist.

Now Deezer has this one problem; really famous & treasured music like the Beatles & Led Zeppelin are locked, which means you can't listen to that :/

So my question: is there any other site where I can stream those albums?

from a related forum note by a last.fm staff member:

the Beatles and Led Zeppelin are both stacked with cash (as are Pink Floyd) and bought back their publishing rights. As a result their music isn't generally available online, as the bands have chosen not to make it available (or only through very limited channels). We'd like to let you listen to it, but we haven't got the licenses to do so.

I guess that's the case for almost any online music service

The game I'm working on finally released something more than a screenshot to the public: Here's a trailer for your visual delight, filmed by my team of testers :D

APB: All Points Bulletin

what is it you do, Sue? I've always wondered... I don't mean your company - that's obvious. What do you do?

BTW, I enjoyed the podcast! You guys have fun, methinks. If you ever need some American teenagers to test your games for feedback, I've got a gang of 'em at my disposal! GTA is one of my son's favorite games. And yours looks like one he'd love.