Old people are bad at driving

Batman

I havent got my learners liscence yet. I've read the road code, but then I didn't have the $80 required to sit the test. So dad gave me $80 but I "accidentally" spent it on CD's instead. I have driven before, but I nearly drove us into a pole. It was so close that my mum, brother, and friend (who were also in the car) all started screaming and hyperventilating. I don't really want to get my licsence, which I'm sure is probably a good thing.

Edited by Guest

Old people = more likely to be responsible for "low-level" bad driving: going too slowly, failing to indicate correctly, going round the roundabout several times before deciding which way is "home", grazing the kerb, bumping a gate-post whilst parking, etc.

Young people = more likely to skid off the road, career into a bus-queue, over-turn three times before crashing through a shop doorway killing several customers and all the car's occupants, etc.

Old people = more likely to be responsible for "low-level" bad driving: going too slowly, failing to indicate correctly, going round the roundabout several times before deciding which way is "home", grazing the kerb, bumping a gate-post whilst parking, etc.

Young people = more likely to skid off the road, career into a bus-queue, over-turn three times before crashing through a shop doorway killing several customers and all the car's occupants, etc.

Tell it to this old geezer :beatnik:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/07/16/farmers.market.crash/index.html

That's been some time ago. I wonder what happened to that guy, from a legal perspective?

Addendum: I just Googled his name (ain't that an amazing thing?)

The driver was found guilty of 10 counts (an initially surviving infant subsequently died after the linked story above appeared) of vehicular manslaughter and is to be sentenced this coming Monday, Nov. 20.

Edited by Guest
Responded to my own question after Googling

If you're implying that young drivers are more deadly, I learned in drivers ed that more old people die in car accidents than young people. I never quite understood why they told us that, it seems like a statistic they'd try to hide.

I think another important point to make in this thread is that youth are invincible.

Old people

- Can't see

- Can't pedal

- Don't have much left to live for

- Can't drive fast enough

Young people

- Have friends

- Are stupid

- Live in the moment

The reason why middle-aged people drive better is that they're at a point in between both of these. :P

Old people

- Can't see

- Can't pedal

- Don't have much left to live for

Young people

- Have friends

- Are stupid

- Live in the moment

The reason why middle-aged people drive better is that they're at a point in between both of these. :P

That is a pretty dumb thing to say...

I would think that the reason more older people die in accidents than younger people is due to the fragility of elderly bodies.

yeah, but when you combine that with the fact that old people get in the most accidents, it leads to the conclusion that they get in dangerous accidents, and not little fender benders as Blind Fitter was describing.