Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Metal Music

I'm on my way to work this morning, I slip in the Best of Judas Priest (Living after midnight) -- Oh yeah baby ... The Green Manalishi, Living After Midnight, Breaking The Law, Hot Rockin', Heading Out To The Highway - "live" at this point I'm pickin' and lickin' while runnin' the fret board of my air guitar right there on I-5 in rush hour traffic... I look over at a guy about my age in a suit and he's wondering what my problem is. I'll tell you what it is buddy, you grew up and I didn't! But I'm gettin' one hell-of-a better adrenaline rush here right now than you are with that double cappacino Starbucks foo-foo drink you got.

Yeah, I love my metal in the mornin' -- that's for sure.

I have always liked some metal music, I think it started with Deep Purple in the early 70's, then I found the more popular stuff of the time. It just was a matter of time before I would discover such greats Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Thin Lizzy, Nazareth, Black Sabbath.

In the 80's, I really enjoyed many bands like Judas Priest, Dokken, Guns n Roses, even Poison had some good stuff.

Can't stand very much of it. . . I can listen to Led Zeppelin's metal songs because they keep it interesting, AND I know they have another side. I'll also hear a song now and then that will spark my interst, but not usually. . . It's not for me.

I'm on my way to work this morning, I slip in the Best of Judas Priest (Living after midnight) -- Oh yeah baby ... The Green Manalishi, Living After Midnight, Breaking The Law, Hot Rockin', Heading Out To The Highway - "live" at this point I'm pickin' and lickin' while runnin' the fret board of my air guitar right there on I-5 in rush hour traffic... I look over at a guy about my age in a suit and he's wondering what my problem is. I'll tell you what it is buddy, you grew up and I didn't! But I'm gettin' one hell-of-a better adrenaline rush here right now than you are with that double cappacino Starbucks foo-foo drink you got.

Yeah, I love my metal in the mornin' -- that's for sure.

I have always liked some metal music, I think it started with Deep Purple in the early 70's, then I found the more popular stuff of the time. It just was a matter of time before I would discover such greats Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Thin Lizzy, Nazareth, Black Sabbath.

In the 80's, I really enjoyed many bands like Judas Priest, Dokken, Guns n Roses, even Poison had some good stuff.

AC/DC's "Stiff Upper Lip" at jet engine volume on a bleary Monday morning. Yessir, the cure for what ails you.

I like some of the bands typified by the sub-categories of "Thrash" Metal and "Speed" Metal - the kind of stuff you don't even need to headbang to in order to get whiplash. The early 80s still ruled the world musicwise. It all went downhill when Hair Bands took over, except for Guns 'N Roses (who were a Hard Rock band).