Moving Music?

Elvish

I'm moving offices and switching out computers. I have a flash drive, but when I try to load my music files into Media Player it says they're on the flash drive and won't be added permanently to the new computer.

Any ideas, O Computer Whizes? :)

I think it was a virus thing or something. My old computer did an automatic scan and deleted some things on its own.

Just a coincidence, maybe! I'm in the process of system restore at the moment. Keep your fingers crossed!

Laurie: I wish I didn't have to move! I got promoted and have my own office. Unfortunately, it means leaving the desk of my dreams (I ordered it myself when we opened the office... :(

Help!

I've had this computer up and going for a couple weeks. My old one was full of music. So far I've resisted downloading any music, cause I didn't want to clutter this one up. It just doesn't have near the space the other did. But, last night I tried to play a song Joe sent me, and download another...nothing plays. Now I'm fairly illiterate, so I'm sure it's something simple, but I have no one around to tell me what an idiot I'm being. I will take no offense if y'all call me an idiot. Any ideas? My cd's play just fine. :crazy:

Hey Cheech, if you still have your old computer have someone remove the hard drive and then install it as a second drive on your new PC. That way you can access all of your old files. You can even drag and drop them to the new drive if you wish. The tech I use does this for $25.00.

There are instructions on-line if you'd rather do it yourself.

Another question, though: I have music in Windows Media Player that doesn't show up in My Music. Where the heck is it?

You mentioned you were moving offices. Did you mean your work or job? If so and if the machine you are using is networked you may wish to look in the Administrator's Documents directory under Settings and Documents. Open that directory and look for Administrator's Music.