The Topical Ten. Can you Guess them from the Clues ?

OLD 55

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct, both of you!

Now will somebody please wrap this up! Remember the singer of #1 is Paul Jones :)

1. He was singing hey diddle diddle ?

2. Then appeared that long, lean and lanky fellow ([smaller]Along Came Jones - The Coasters[/smaller])

3. A song about a skinny guy ([smaller]Ballad of a Thin Man - Bob Dylan [/smaller])

4. Brave men ([smaller]Heroes - David Bowie[/smaller])

5. She’s delighfully stoned ([smaller]Miss Amanda Jones -The Rolling Stones[/smaller])

6. I confess, I’ve been very very naughty! ([smaller]I've Been a Bad Bad Boy -Paul Jones[/smaller])

7. Let’s elope! ([smaller]Come Away With Me -Norah Jones[/smaller])

8. Wartime excavation catastrophy ([smaller]New York Mining Disaster 1941 - Bee Gees[/smaller])

9. The barber of Samson ([smaller]Delilah - Tom Jones[/smaller])

10. Don’t tread on me! ([smaller]I'm Not Your Stepping Stone -The Monkees[/smaller])

Now will somebody please wrap this up! Remember the singer of #1 is Paul Jones

1. He was singing hey diddle diddle

I can't say I'm familiar songs from the musical Cats, but the clue leads me to believe it has to be one of 'em that Paul Jones recorded

Gus : The Theatre Cat , perhaps ?

Mr. Mistoffelees ?

At last, after more than a year, this one is completely solved. The theme is 'Jones':

1. He was singing hey diddle diddle ([smaller]The One in the Middle - Manfred Mann[/smaller]) Singer: Paul Jones

2. Then appeared that long, lean and lanky fellow ([smaller]Along Came Jones - The Coasters[/smaller])

3. A song about a skinny guy ([smaller]Ballad of a Thin Man - Bob Dylan [/smaller]) "Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones?"

4. Brave men ([smaller]Heroes - David Bowie (born David Robert Jones)[/smaller])

5. She’s delighfully stoned ([smaller]Miss Amanda Jones -The Rolling Stones[/smaller])

6. I confess, I’ve been very very naughty! ([smaller]I've Been a Bad Bad Boy -Paul Jones[/smaller])

7. Let’s elope! ([smaller]Come Away With Me -Norah Jones[/smaller])

8. Wartime excavation catastrophy ([smaller]New York Mining Disaster 1941 - Bee Gees[/smaller]) "Have you seen my wife, Mr. Jones?"

9. The barber of Samson ([smaller]Delilah - Tom Jones[/smaller])

10. Don’t tread on me! ([smaller]I'm Not Your Stepping Stone -The Monkees (Davy Jones was one)[/smaller])

Because I've resuscitated this thread out of its near-death experience, I feel somewhat obligated to post a new set. But please, players, be patient with me for 'yea' or 'nay' responses.

1. Case loaded with penetrating articles.

2. Watch the chopper, Mr. Levy.

3. Encore, lover!

4. Edgy number by Shawna’s favorite.

5. Asking for trouble.

6. Causes lacerations.

7. Cruddy/Glamorous

8. Ms. Parton comes to a point.

9. Gillette product.

10. Double-dealers.

Here's a few guesses, bazooka.

4. Edgy number by Shawna’s favorite.

"Switchblade" - Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers

6. Causes lacerations.

"Cuts Like A Knife" - Bryan Adams

8. Ms. Parton comes to a point.

"Dolly Dagger" - Jimi Hendrix

9. Gillette product.

"The Razor's Edge" - AC/DC

or

"Razor Blades Of Love" - The Silencers

...and a few more guesses.

1. Case loaded with penetrating articles.

"A Box Full Of Sharp Objects" - The Used

2. Watch the chopper, Mr. Levy.

"Careful With That Axe, Eugene" - Pink Floyd

3. Encore, lover!

"...Baby One More Time" - Britney Spears

7. Cruddy/Glamorous

"Your Sword Versus My Dagger" - Silverstein

Edited by Guest
Forgot the baby.

Brad, you already have a majority!

1. Case loaded with penetrating articles ..([smaller]Box Full Of Sharp Objects - The Used[/smaller] .. Brad)

2. Watch the chopper, Mr. Levy ..([smaller]Careful With That Axe, Eugene - Pink Floyd[/smaller] .. Brad)

3. Encore, lover! ..([smaller]Baby One More Time – Britney Spears [/smaller] .. Brad)

4. Edgy number by Shawna’s favorite ..([smaller]Switchblade - Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers[/smaller] .. Brad)

5. Asking for trouble.

6. Causes lacerations ..([smaller]Cuts Like A Knife - Bryan Adams[/smaller] .. Brad)

7. Cruddy/Glamorous

8. Ms. Parton comes to a point ..([smaller]Dolly Dagger – Jimi Hendrix[/smaller] .. Brad)

9. Gillette product.

10. Double-dealers.

And a close shave on number 9. Cut the modifiers.