Ricky Martin Bored with Fame

RonJonSurfer

Ricky Martin Says Fame Left Him Bored

Ricky Martin, whose hits include "Livin' La Vida Loca," says the fame and fortune he experienced in the late '90s left him feeling bored and embittered.

"There was a moment (in 2002) when I was onstage and I was just so angry," Martin says in the Oct. 24 issue of People magazine.

"I thought, `Something is wrong. I have the applause, I have a great band behind me, I live comfortably. ... I was starting to become a victim of fame. Everything was too serious and I wasn't enjoying it."

Soon afterward, he quit the stage and began touring the world. Now back in the United States, the 33-year-old singer says he's looking forward to his Latin American tour this fall.

"When you work, work, work, something is wrong. You need to chill. You need to step aside and see where you've been, where you are now and where you want to be," he said.

Martin's hits also include "Shake Your Bon-Bon" and "She Bangs."

His new album, "Life," was released this week.

Ricky Martin, whose hits include "Livin' La Vida Loca," says the fame and fortune he experienced in the late '90s left him feeling bored and embittered.

Hits? Hits?

Man, there are soooo many directions I could go with this article, but I'm going to just walk away.

the fame and fortune he experienced in the late '90s left him feeling bored and embittered.

How can one become bored with something that only lasted the duration of one song? The embittered part, I can understand.

"Wait a minute...wasn't I famous yesterday? What happened?"

"There was a moment (in 2002) when I was onstage and I was just so angry," Martin says in the Oct. 24 issue of People magazine.

That 'moment' was your career.

"I thought, `Something is wrong. I have the applause, I have a great band behind me, I live comfortably. ... I was starting to become a victim of fame. Everything was too serious and I wasn't enjoying it."

What are you complaining for? It's not like you're still popular.

You have your free time back.

Sorry folks, I tried to walk away, but I couldn't.

I will make any wager anyone wants, that his new cd doesn't sell 1/2 million copies.

How can one become bored with something that only lasted the duration of one song? The embittered part, I can understand.

"Wait a minute...wasn't I famous yesterday? What happened?"

That 'moment' was your career.

What are you complaining for? It's not like you're still popular.

You have your free time back.

Sorry folks, I tried to walk away, but I couldn't.

I will make any wager anyone wants, that his new cd doesn't sell 1/2 million copies.

I hate seeing my name connected with Ricky Martin's career.