Inside the Actors Studio

Mike

I really enjoy watching this show, getting the inside story of actors and their different roles. Seems to be very helpful to the students in attendance.

Recently I've seen Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford and they were great!! Today (attention Carl) Renée Zellweger is being interviewed.

Who else watches this? What do you think of it? What are some of your favorite moments?

Link to Bravo - Inside the Actor Studio

Very cool DJ!!!

Yeah, I usually just catch bits and pieces, I rarely sit and watch a whole 30 minutes of TV uninterupted, either intentionally or by accident. (Unless it's sports - of course)

Let us know if you get accepted.

I have seen some many of the interviews in this series and find I prefer the individual stories of the actors and directors as revealed on the Biography channel. The Actors Studio show seems so serious and very, very important. The host seems to treat his guests as if they were the discoverers of the cure for AIDS. I would just once like one of the people being interviewed to turn to the host and say, "Hey, I just pretend like I'm someone else. All kids do it."

I think Robin Williams did something along that line...for 2 hours! Otherwise, most take The Craft very seriously, (as in the case of Holly Hunter and Sally Field) though I wonder how an interview with Steve McQueen would have gone back then? :angel:

I arely watch any tv, but if someone on this show interests me, I'll stop on it. I only have 2 problems with this program.

1. When they have people on there who have absolutely no business being on there.(Roseanne Barr? Ben Affleck? Come on!)

2. Lately, it seems the only time anyone comes on is to promote their new movie. They aren't there to just talk about their craft.

I think Robin Williams did something along that line...for 2 hours! Otherwise, most take The Craft very seriously, (as in the case of Holly Hunter and Sally Field) though I wonder how an interview with Steve McQueen would have gone back then? :angel:

The Robin Williams IAS was one of the best ones I have seen ever. Billy Crystal's was quite good as well, although I'm not a huge fan of his. There are some people who you just want to sit there and listen to them tell stories about different movies they've been on and how they worked through them. I found the Sean Connery one (about oh five years ago by now) extremely interesting, the Mel Gibson was good as well.

I love the Inside the Actors Studio parodies they used to do on SNL. The one where Alec Baldwin plays Charles Nelson Riley is my favorite.

"If you have not seen A Troll In Central Park, see it immediately. It is like looking into the face of God, and seeing him smile at you, saying 'you are my most wonderous creation.'"

"There is no word to describe it's genius, so I will have to make one up. And I will do so right now. Scrumtralascent. That film was scrumtralascent."