The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #159

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #159 ! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1,2,3 - Len Barry (1965)

S S S Single Bed - Fox (1976)

TRIVIA QUESTION: The intro to "1,2,3" was sampled and used as the basic beat for a song that is already in our Top Ten list. Name the song.

TRIVIA QUESTION 2: "1,2,3" was included in the personal travelling music collection of a very famous man. Name the very famous man.

Neatest correct, un-Googled answer earns a koala bear stamp.

LBBB

Edited by Guest

1,2,3 - Len Barry (1965)

TRIVIA QUESTION: The intro to "1,2,3" was sampled and used as the basic beat for a song that is already in our Top Ten list. Name the song.

TRIVIA QUESTION 2: "1,2,3" was included in the personal travelling music collection of a very famous man. Name the very famous man.

Neatest correct, un-Googled answer earns a koala bear stamp.

LBBB

Wow, I love this song... :bow:

1) I don't really know but it surely is some Motown song...

2) John Lennon loved this song too...

Wow, I love this song... :bow:

1) I don't really know but it surely is some Motown song...

2) John Lennon loved this song too...

Hey Edna, thanks for playing. Yes, it's a little beauty, this song.

1) Sorry, not a Motown song.

2) Well, I don't know... does John Lennon count as a "very famous man"? Could you perhaps describe the personal travelling music collection in question? Was it on an ipod, for example?

LBB

It was in his jukebox... :cool: his famous jukebox...

So it's not Motown...? Well, then maybe I should google the answer... :shades:

But I'm not cheating so I'll just think about it... :)

Yes yes.

You can figure this one out by listening to the first 10 seconds. It leapt out at me today, so I looked it up and found that my suspicions were correct. ;-)

L.

A Girl Like You by Edwyn Collins?

Ooh yeah, well done. It does sound like Dancing In The Streets, but it really sounds like Edwyn Collins.

Very good. Edna and The Seeker get half a koala bear stamp each. Who wants the koala, who wants the bear?

LBB