The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #147 ~ Holiday Edition

Lucky

Hooray for Nat King Cole & "The Christmas Song". :happybanana: What a way to ring in 2009: his 2nd TT ("Unforgettable"), the second Christmas song in the TT ("Happy Xmas (War Is Over)"-John Lennon) and the oldest song in the TT, from 1946, besting Hank Williams' "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry". :bow:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to nominate Leonard Cohen over and over again till it makes it... :P Why do you people hate Leonard Cohen? :shades:

Oh, nice Top by the way... :cool:

oh, well, no, not really my cup of tea, to be honest... I just like "I Wanna Be Your Dog" and "Under My Thumb"...

Edited by Guest

I will have to nominate Leonard Cohen over and over again till it makes it... :P Why do you people hate Leonard Cohen? :shades:

Try adding the lyrics next time Edna :D The lyrics are awesome and it was my #1 :shades:

I was very surprised Winter Windows only got 3 votes :( Maybe it will get more next time, it was a last minute nom from me.

Congrats to the nominator and the songs that won this time. As usual nice list :guitar:

Hey katie. ;)

I like this Ten. Nice to see REO & Bryan Adams in there. I consider both to be sort of second rate (I prefer the 70's era REO, less cheese, more substance), but those are both incredibly classic songs that should be there. Commotion should have been there long ago ... and I'm happy that Glory Box made it, just for the sake of all of you that love it, and have consistently voted for it!! :)

Oh, yay for Norah Jones! That one was a surprise. I'm seriously disappointed about "I'd Rather Go Blind" and the lack of love for Etta though.

** A quick note**

I'm having computer issues. They seem to be at least temporarily under contol. If however you are hanging around waiting for the new ten to open tonight, and you don't see any signs of me being around, have patience. Laurie will be along to open things up if I can't. :P

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #147 for the week ending 4th January 2009

1. Under My Thumb – Rolling Stones (1966)

2. El Condor Pasa - Simon & Garfunkel (1970)

3. Commotion - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1969)

4. Christmas Song, The - Nat King Cole (1946)

5. Summer Of '69 – Bryan Adams (1984)

6. Don't Know Why - Norah Jones (2002)

7. Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon (1984)

8. In Bloom – Nirvana (1991)

9. Glory Box - Portishead (1994)

10. I Wanna Be Your Dog - The Stooges (1969)

:headphones: