Sign in to follow this  
scott

Abbey Road Medley

What's your favorite part of the group of songs at the end of Abbey Road?

My personal favorite(s) (can't decide just one)

are

Polethene Pam

and

Carry That Weight.

I don't know the individual names, but I love the part where they go:

'Boy, you're gonna carry that way, carry that way a long time...'

then that cool part with the drums and those cool guitar chords.

That'd be

"Boy you're gonna carry that weight"

from "carry that weight"

and I believe that the cool drum part (as in the drum solo right?) is from 'The End' and then George pulls some amazing solos (the cool chords I suppose?)

I like "Her Majesty." It's got to be one of the first ever hidden tracks (on most of the LP jackets it wasn't listed).

But my favorite song on the album is "Here Comes the Sun."

I like "Her Majesty." It's got to be one of the first ever hidden tracks (on most of the LP jackets it wasn't listed).

But my favorite song on the album is "Here Comes the Sun."

I agree completely :coolio:, But I also like Come Together

Have you ever programmed 'Her Majesty' to come right inbetween 'Mean Mr. Mustard' and 'Polethene Pam' it fits right in there, and the weird chord at the beginning of it suddenly fits, and the abrubt ending makes sense too, 'cuz it ties in great with Polethene Pam

Have you ever programmed 'Her Majesty' to come right inbetween 'Mean Mr. Mustard' and 'Polethene Pam' it fits right in there, and the weird chord at the beginning of it suddenly fits, and the abrubt ending makes sense too, 'cuz it ties in great with Polethene Pam

Actually, Scott, that's where it was originally supposed to go but Paul didn't like it there so they stuck it on the end of the album and that's where it stayed. ;)

Yeah I knew that, I was just wondering if anyone else had done it (though looking back it does appear that I don't know what I'm talkin' about (like that's any different from how I usually write :jester:))

From reading your post I thought you didn't know. I wanted to point out the astute observation on your part. I thought you were very intuitive for picking up on that.

But never mind! ::

I thought that the jester face ----> :jester: showed my good intentions.

And yeah, anyone who has gone to the Creative Writing (which would be very very few) should know that I'm bloody brileant(haha irony!! :laughing:)

I love the way the Golden Slumbers, fits perfectly into Carry That Weight, and then it goes right into The End, which is also a great song. This was the first Beatles album I ever heard.

I believe that the cool drum part (as in the drum solo right?) is from 'The End' and then George pulls some amazing solos (the cool chords I suppose?)

The guitar "solos" are by Paul, George and John (in that order) taking it in turns to play 2 bars (about 4 seconds), three times each. The three different players' styles are quite distinctive.

This will be my last post...so quite fitting that it's "The End"!

Peace and love to those who care.

Martin

=========================================

And in the end, "dave", the love you take is equal to the love you make. :angel: